Pelican Lake-Wright County Northern crappie snack

• jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

While out on Pelican tonight, caught this 28″ norbert, thought the belly looked a little full. Kept the norbert for pickling and found this little 4 inch crappie in his boiler! Must have been pretty recent, usually I see this with all the skin dissolved already.

The fishing on Pelican was slow with 4 crappies and 5 sunnies, no size to brag about, lots of sniffers. I am sure the 25 mph wind and cold did not help any!! This weekend should be better! Beware there is a tournament on Pelican on Sunday if my memory is correct.

PS> If anyone is looking for a good fillet knife- Reeds Sporting Goods- Don Canney Leech Lake knives, best money I have ever spent! Be careful they are sharp on both sides!

Good luck fishin,

Jake

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

Ill 2nd that to leech lake knife Co

artifishal

You are correct. The Ultimate Panfish League kicks the season off on Sunday for the first event of the season. Also, the Extreme Ice Fishing Tournament will be fishing that lake either a week or two after our event, so it will probably be even more packed than usual for the next couple of weeks/weekends!

commuting_iceman
    Andover, mn

I have to say I am feeling the pressure first league tourney and on a lake I know nothing about. I can not wait.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

So did you fillet the crappie as well ? a 2 ‘fer

blufloyd

Whoa just like the one I just bought.

jake-bohnsack
    Wright County Area

You will love it!! Never thought it would make that much difference but it does!

icetroller
    Ludington, Michigan

Pelican is a great lake for a panfish tournament. Ive fished a couple of them there on the western portion of the lake. Id be curious to see whats available on the rest of the lake. Its very sad that it is to be drained for a duck marsh. How many people will be able to utilize it then as compared to now.

artifishal

Quote:

I have to say I am feeling the pressure first league tourney and on a lake I know nothing about. I can not wait.

I hear ya CI! I’m looking forward to learning a lot and catching some fish on a new lake

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.