Ice Armor Boots- onyx

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Anyone have these? Any feedback.

Thanks

stevenoak

I found them pretty stiff.Friend of mine guides ice fishing and a pair didn’t look like they were going to make it through the season last year.They are light but that may speak to the materials used and them not lasting.Have heard some people say they like them.Since I got my Ice Suit I just wear good merino socks w/liners and 1200 Burlies one size larger than my hunting ones.With warm blood in my legs all the way down my feet stay warm.No leaks or icy frozen laces

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I wore these boots 3 winters ago, didn’t make it til February and the were leaking and cracked. Very light boot, but not very durable for my style of ice fishing.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Quote:

I wore these boots 3 winters ago, didn’t make it til February and the were leaking and cracked. Very light boot, but not very durable for my style of ice fishing.

x2 – I had a pair that started cracking at the worst time ever. Made the 6 hour trip up to rainy to get some late season walleye and pike and ended up with wet feet the whole trip.

The rubber in the front does not come up over the toes enough IMO. That’s the first area that will start to crack and will lead to a major case of wet foot.

I will say they are a very comfortable light weight boot however.

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

I found a new pair of these in the closet today, 2 days after I ordered my Baffin Apex. I’d bought them a few years ago and put them away only to forget about them. I was pretty pumped thinking I’d be able to return the Baffins and put that money back in my pocket. Not so fast…

Took them out for an all day run on the St. Croix. It was about 30 degrees, just below freezing. No slush on the lake today. I popped about 50 holes today so they got plenty of exposure to water and slush though. While moving around my feet were quite toasty (1000 mg). But when I settled in to my house about 4 or 5 hours later I noticed my feet were starting to get cold. I cold tell they were damp but I didn’t know if it was perspiration or river water. I never got real uncomfortable but it was 30 degrees out. I was wearing thicker Smartwool socks.

Got home and peeled them off. I don’t think it had major leaking but they certainly aren’t waterproof. The shell of the boot is wet inside and out. The liners and my socks are damp.

I guess I wont be returning my Baffins when they come.

I see they go for about $150-$160. I got mine for way less when my wife worked at Clam a few years back, probably about the time this thread was started. I’m glad I didn’t pay Retail. They’d be ok for playing in Dry snow or whatnot. I’d never recommend them to anyone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.