Ice helix 7 G2 vs G3

• Veedo

Anyone know what the changes were between the helix 7 ice g2 and g3? I’ve searched and couldn’t find much. Chatted with humminbird and they didn’t have a clear answer.

BackwaterICE

which specific models? helix 7? 9? sonar, di, si?

g3 will have better mega imaging in open water si/di

On the ice….no difference. a g2 helix 7 and g3 helix 7 will work exactly the same with the 1521 transducer – there isn’t a helix 5 g3

vinella

The subject title shows he’s asking specifically about the ICE Helix 7 G2 vs G3. Those are 2 specific models.

The only difference I know of between those models is the jig charge mode on the G3 where the screen lights up really brightly to charge your glow jig. Possibly can make your own lake charts on the G3 as well?

BackwaterICE

both of those features are included in the g2

blank

I have a Helix 7 G2 that has the jig charge mode and autochart live. I think this was added with the latest software update I did, which is 2.32

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

Only thing I noticed was on a g2 there’s no Ultra speed setting for 2D sonar

BackwaterICE

craig use custom/advanced mode
    blank is right – they are both on the 2g with latest update

g3 shipped with newer software than the description for the g2 lists – note the g2 open water models don’t say it has dual spectrum chirp, when it does dual spectrum when using the 1521 ice transducer. The ice models have updated descriptions for the most part – Gotta read between the lines and know the software features

blank

Since we’re talking about newest features to the ice modes, I wish in the next software updates that they would give the ability to customize the readouts when set to “overlay”. I don’t care to see what the date is or what time is sunset.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

craig use custom/advanced mode
    blank is right – they are both on the 2g with latest

I’m in custom mode. Speed can only go to 10. I have the newest update. Am I missing something?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.