Ice Fishing Trip Advice

• Evan Bates

I know its super early, but better do this now before its too late. I got some friends interested in fishing up on Red this winter, probably later ice into Feb of 2023. There will be 6 of us and we’d like a stove top and oven and a restroom on the ice with us. I’ve tried looking online and found a few options but feel like you guys would know some as well. Any info is super helpful, Thanks!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Most resorts can do what you asking, within reason. Bear Paw would be my recommendation. They will have a house with a stove and have portapody located near the house like between two rentals. Very cool guys running it, Steve is awesome. I will warn you that Feb is kinda late to hit Red and fishing could be really slow that time of year if not running and gunning and getting away from crowds. You will want to book this very soon. Good luck and feel free to PM me if any other questions. I have also stayed with several other up there.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Lots of outfitters that offer what your looking for. Westwinds, RedLake remote, Up North fish house rentals and Rodgers are some to look at.

eyeguy507
    SE MN

Buddy always treated us well on the north side out of Hillmans. not the best shacks but did the job. that late you got a good shot at some of those crappies that frequent the north shore later in the hardwater season. cookies, beacon harbor would be same vicinity.

Ripjiggen

Hillman’s road is great shacks not so much.
    Can’t believe nobody has mentioned the legendary cookie. Great guy and nice shacks. You will have a great time with or without fish. Member here so look him up.

Fowldreams55398

I would plan on going before years end. Fishing into February can be tough. Definitely more of a guarantee by going earlier.

Justin riegel

The last week or two of February can be good as the pressure tends to die down. Cookies would be my recommendation. Otherwise I would drive the extra hour and book a 6 man house with First city guide service, he moves to LOTW after red slows in mid Jan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.