MN Wolf Lottery Results

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Me either.

Thanks for sharing the link. Of course, hopefully they don’t have to draw 3 times like they did for bears and turkey’s recently.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

I can about imagine how many tree huggers and PETA people out there applied to block out tags from reaching hunters pockets.

Quote:

I can about imagine how many tree huggers and PETA people out there applied to block out tags from reaching hunters pockets.

Surprisingly none. MNDNR actually required you to have proof of purchasing a prior hunting license of some sort before allowing you to apply.

kooty
    Keymaster

So, a much smaller % than I would have expected. At least for this year.

dennisdalan
    St Cloud, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Surprisingly none. MNDNR actually required you to have proof of purchasing a prior hunting license of some sort before allowing you to apply.

That’s good to hear!

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

Wolf season lottery results available online

Hunters and trappers who applied to participate in Minnesota’s first-ever wolf season can check lottery results online at http://www.mndnr.gov/hunting/wolf to see if they were successful in the drawing. They also can view a copy of the 2012 wolf season regulations handbook.

The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) received more than 23,000 applications for the 6,000 available licenses.

Lottery winners, who also will receive notification and wolf hunting regulations via postal mail, now may purchase their licenses from DNR license agent, online at http://www.mndnr.gov/buyalicense or by telephone at 888-665-4236.

Participants in the early season hunt, which coincides with firearms deer season, must purchase their wolf licenses by Wednesday, Oct. 24. Participants in the late hunting and trapping season, which runs from Saturday, Nov. 24, to Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013, must buy their licenses by Thursday, Nov. 15.

Any licenses not sold by those dates will be available on a first-come, first-served basis to unsuccessful lottery applicants beginning at noon on Monday, Oct. 29, for the early season and at noon on Monday, Nov. 19, for the late hunting and trapping season.

Any remaining licenses not purchased by unsuccessful applicants will be available for purchase by any eligible hunter beginning at noon on Thursday, Nov. 1, for the early season and noon on Wednesday, Nov. 21, for the late hunting and trapping season.

Minnesota assumed state management of the gray wolf after the species was removed Jan. 27 from federal protection in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan. Minnesota’s wolf population is estimated to be about 3,000 wolves. The target harvest of 400 wolves for this inaugural wolf season is a conservative approach that does not pose a threat to the conservation of the population.

Additional information about wolf management in Minnesota is available online at <a href="http://www.mndnr.gov/wolves.
    http://www.mndnr.gov/wolves.<br />

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Smartest thing I have heard for a long time!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

Well I guess there is a chance that they will open some up for the late season then!

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

no tag for me unfortunately…..had three howling for a half hour on saturday when i was in the stand

todders
    Shoreview, MN

None of us…seriously? Can we see how many applicants there were?

kooty
    Keymaster

Last I read, in the 23k range.

neusch303

I did NOT get one. Bummer

Dad got season A.

johnee

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

I GOT ONE BOYS! Lock and flippin’ load! Mr. Wolfie, I’m coming for you!

Sorry to you guys that didn’t get one. Also, of course, now the central problem is that it isn’t going to be exactly easy to bag one. . . Oh well, you gotta be in it to win it.

Grouse

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

No luck here.

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

I didn’t get drawn..d**n it!

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

I can’t believe it I got drawn!!! This must be my lucky year, and on Fri I leave for Wyoming to chase goats and muleys!!

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

well talked to my buddy last night we went 1 for 2, he got drawn so get to go with him anyway….

corey_waller
    hastings mn

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
    Timber dogs are in deep chit!!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.