One weird little man!!

• qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Looks like all the freaks came out on Halloween!! After examining it closly, he has 7 spikes!! I’d love to see a euro mount of him!! Finally time to put the cams back out on flash mode to see who survived the onslaught!! I know my giant buck lived but thats not good my uncle should have shot him!!!

bigbuckdown
    WI

This year I have been seeing a few deer that are messed up as well here in western WI. I have deer with spiraled antlers, half racks-not busted off, and a buck I call chinstrap. One of the oddest deer I have seen. His right side is completely normal, but his left side grows from the side of his head and is rotated 180 degrees and grows down I have a pic of him, but it is on the home computer. THere are some odd balls out there! THats why when muzzlwloader season comes around it will be time for the

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Man that thing is weird. I would love to see if some age does some cool things to that guy!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Prickly pear for sure So do you take him out of the gene pool if a shot presents itself or let him develop?

ap2049

I would imagine that the ‘yotes will get him. Hard to outrun a pack with three legs.

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

That’s just what I was thinking! Bet he would not do good in a butt kickin’ contest!

bigbuckdown
    WI

I nver even saw that he was missing a leg coyotes will have a little trouble-I have seen some three legged deer that can haul if they have to. Definitly explains the goofy rack. YOu could let him grow. We had a deer like this on the farm I hunt for three years. At first he was goofy, but in the end, he was a nice non-typical. Disappeared a few years ago though Give the little guy a year or two, then him!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I truly think it’s amazing how an injury affects their antler growth. Looks like the little guy has been through a lot and therefore, I couldn’t see myself culling him out.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

WOW I was so concentrated on his antlers I missed that he was missing a leg.

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

Okay now I’m just feeling sorry for the poor little fella. Can I buy him a couple bags of corm for the winter?…

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

And half of his tail, I’m going to have to say that he was born without the leg!!, no signs of trama as far as a stump to scares,bald patch, you can also see in one of the pics it doesn’t seem his nuts have dropped, but as Brad said I couldn’t kill him, I have seen 3 leggers grow to booner size before, he will get a pass, but I will have an eye out for him. My question is, does he have pedestals where these spikes grow from like a normal deer? He is named “Totaly freeak Nasty”!!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Poor little bugger. Almost looks like he was born without a front leg! Goofy thing either way.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

You could call him tripod ?

lick

Tripod porcupine

Great pics Ben thanks for sharing

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

Quote:

Okay now I’m just feeling sorry for the poor little fella. Can I buy him a couple bags of corm for the winter?…

After he finishes off those beans he has plenty of standing corn!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’ve never seen a post title match the post more than this one!! That is some goofy stuff right there. I’d let him go. It looks to me like he was born without that leg or at least been living like that for a while. You know how they say that animals with senses lacking will exceed at others. Maybe he’s excaped the yotes and wolves for a reason.. who knows. I’d be SO curious to see what his rack looks like next year!

Can you imagin when you find his sheds though.. OOP here’s one, there’s another,, WAIT, found another.

ap2049

Quote:

I’ve never seen a post title match the post more than this one!! That is some goofy stuff right there. I’d let him go. It looks to me like he was born without that leg or at least been living like that for a while. You know how they say that animals with senses lacking will exceed at others. Maybe he’s excaped the yotes and wolves for a reason.. who knows. I’d be SO curious to see what his rack looks like next year!

Can you imagin when you find his sheds though.. OOP here’s one, there’s another,, WAIT, found another.

I wonder if a buck like that will shed his first year.

tapout

thats neat i got a buck on cam this year hes a nice 4 on one side and the other side the rack grew out right by his eye and messed his eye and socket up alittle it looks like

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.