Face Masks

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

So what is everyone wearing for face covering in the stand?

I noticed in Lips report that Stacies pretty face wasn’t covered, and neither was Lips ugly mug..

I’ve been using the thin camo netting thing that is kind of a pain, been contemplating get face paint, or going naked!!!

So what are you using and why?

Jami

lick

i wear facial hair no mask as i dont feel comfortable anchoring with a mask on

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

no mask as i dont feel comfortable anchoring with a mask on

Stacie is the same way as Gut and and I used to push the issue with her, but until she gets a few shots off on real deer, I want her to be as comfy as she can be and allow her not to wear it.

Actually, I do wear one Jami. For the camera or pictures I usually take it off, but I wear a 3/4 face mask by Scent Blocker. I have an ealry season one and a fleece one for cooler conditions. I team that up with my Scent Blocker Base ball or Watch Cap.

CLICK HERE TO SEE FLEECE 3/4 MASK

TonyPagliai1
    Iowa City, IA 52245

I wear a mask but do lots of practicing with my hunting stuff on to ensure that my shooting doesn’t change. Practice with your summer and winter clothes, the heavier stuff does make moving different and can alter your shot.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Jami:

As of turkey hunting last year, I’ve been using the Gamehide Black Max Reversible Facemask from Gamehide’s Mathews Collection.

Esp. for early season, turkey hunting, blind hunting, etc., this is the only one I use and I own about 6 different ones, including a Scent Blocker, Scentlok, and Predator mask. The material is incredibly thin and lightweight (think underarmour with better flex/stretch) and sports the Mathews Lost Camo which is great for where I hunt at least.

With all the blind hunting I do in the spring, the thing is invaluable, as I can run/gun outside the blind with the camo side, or turn it inside out to make the thing black for hunting inside the blind.

For deer hunting, because it’s so thin, I keep it in my pocket while walking out to the stand and barely notice it’s there. My other masks are huge in comparison.

One other thing for deer hunting especially that seals the deal, is that it’s super easy to hear through. Some of the masks I own muffle noise and make it more difficult to hear that tell-tale twig snapping or leaves rustling. This one feels like I’m barely wearing it.

Joel

jeff_heeg
    Marshfield WI.

In all honesty I always hated face masks, but it is amazing especially if in direct sun light how much a person’s face stands out – with that the one thing that tends to move the most during a day’s hunt also.

I have made the steps from mask to face paint to nothing and finally last year found one that I really liked in Mathews lost camo, this pull over face mask was soft as silk and very comfortable to wear so it didn’t drive you crazy to the point of readjusting and fidgeting also a high priority of mine being that it was very thin and slippery I could come to anchor and have all sense of touch. Another winner to being ultra thin and soft I didn’t fumble around trying to hear either I can’t stand wearing a hood or mask and then struggle with picking out sounds. So if you ever see these hanging in a shop somewhere check them out.

I wish I had a couple because I finally found something that really works great.

Jeff

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

You bow hunters are a silly lot.

little_g
    durand WI

Never use them for deer, just go naked and have had deer look at me but just go back to feeding maybe the deer I hunt are just dumb.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

face paint or nothing.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Never use them for deer, just go naked and have had deer look at me but just go back to feeding maybe the deer I hunt are just dumb.

If you’re hunting naked, maybe they feel sorry for you.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

I’m the same Can’t stand them when bow hunting

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Quote:

And if there ever was a guy who should wear a mask.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think you should go play in the middle of a road

lick

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

id drive down that road

prieser
    Byron, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

id drive down that road

Who’s up for a game of Frogger.

deertracker

I wear a leaf cut mask. I make sure it is a smaller size so it is snug and doesn’t move around. I practice with it on so I feel comfortable at the anchor point. I use to just grow a beard for hunting but now have to be clean shaven for the job.
    DT

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

I’ve been using the thin camo netting thing that is kind of a pain
    what are you using and why?Jami

I also use the thin mask for one it helps a litle bit with the bugs early in the year and also to take away from shine. I used to do a lot of goose hunting and would always wear some kind of face mask. It made a big difference when we used them especially on those sunny ams when the sun was just shining off ur face. I guess it kind of just transferred over and made sense to me to use while deer hunting. Thats just me though. I guess I’ll just go back to my crayons. Right Gut??

Good Luck

smfrost
    Minneapolis

Overall I dont feel comfortable anchoring with a mask on, especially when it’s warm out… but when it gets cold I have my hat pulled tight & a neck warmer pulled up to cover the majority of my face. This way I still can easily get to my anchor point.

Rob is much better than I at wearing a mask while hunting… I follow all the other “rules” except that one

Anonymous

scentlok’s $25.00 model reversible to black for ground blind hunting

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.