Hudson city launch

• tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

They reopened 1st St, however, the parking area of the small launch between 94 & the marina is still flooded. I haven’t been down to 1st St but am assuming the city landing is flooded as well (or at least a portion of the parking lot and access drive). More rain today…

tangler
    Inactive

It seems like tossing an announcement on the city website or facebook page wouldn’t be all that hard to do. I’d say call the city, but I tried twice the other day with no response.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It seems like tossing an announcement on the city website or facebook page wouldn’t be all that hard to do. I’d say call the city, but I tried twice the other day with no response.

Same people that priced us Minnesotans out. Not very bright.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tangler wrote:</div>

Mike, They priced you out because you have to pay 4.00 per launch more than a city resident has to? 8.00 verses 12.00. Non-City WI residents have to pay 12.00 too.

Rule of thumb. The Hudson launch is closed at 681 feet. No wake is 683 feet. It is closed now and will be into next week (best case).

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>tangler wrote:</div>

Mike, They priced you out because you have to pay 4.00 per launch more than a city resident has to? 8.00 verses 12.00. Non-City WI residents have to pay 12.00 too.

Rule of thumb. The Hudson launch is closed at 681 feet. No wake is 683 feet. It is closed now and will be into next week (best case).

Im referring to annual non-resident. That’s why I use Prescott and Bluff. I have no problem with Hudson resident pricing. They should receive special treatment.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I agree bzzsw it won’t be open until about Memorial Day now with this most current rain. seems to me it was a Minnysootan complaint that got that whole stinky mess going. took away the local special launch fee and parking spots for folks that live in the township. I guess the amount of Hudson property tax I pay doesn’t really matter.

tangler
    Inactive

I would have to agree with bzzsaw on this one. I grew up in Hudson and my list of complaints about that city is long, but the boat launch prices aren’t on it.

Beanie’s is $20, Windmill is $16.

Im referring to annual non-resident. That’s why I use Prescott and Bluff. I have no problem with Hudson resident pricing. They should receive special treatment.

The annual is 10x the cost of the daily, for both city residents and non-city residents. It’s the same exact cost structure. On one hand you say you’re OK with city residents paying less, but on the other hand… you’re not?

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

it’s been a few years now so not such a big deal. what really irks me is why can’t someone hire somebody to redesign or figure out how to keep that ramp from being unusable in higher water. it doesn’t take much to close it down anymore. I quit buying the yearly pass because it is closed most of the summer it seems

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

My main complaint about the Hudson launch is it should be elevated 10 feet higher so it isn’t closed half the season due to high water and the parking lot should be 4 times bigger. Nothing worse than getting there at 7:30 am on a weekend and it is already full.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

tangler, is Beanie’s even allowing folks to launch there this year?

tangler
    Inactive

tangler, is Beanie’s even allowing folks to launch there this year?

I have no idea, just pulled the number from their website.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I would have to agree with bzzsaw on this one. I grew up in Hudson and my list of complaints about that city is long, but the boat launch prices aren’t on it.

Beanie’s is $20, Windmill is $16.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

The annual is 10x the cost of the daily, for both city residents and non-city residents. It’s the same exact cost structure. On one hand you say you’re OK with city residents paying less, but on the other hand… you’re not?

I remember when they raised it. Prescott is less than half that so it seems unfair. Whether it is or not is a personal choice.

Deuces

Beanies is flat rate I believe. But spots available are so few good luck.

Is that weekday pricing for windmill Adam? I recall it getting pretty hurtful on the billfold on weekends there.

tangler
    Inactive

Is that weekday pricing for windmill Adam? I recall it getting pretty hurtful on the billfold on weekends there.

You’re right… $24 on weekdays!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

The best deal going is resident annual Washington County for $35
    Gets you into Bluffs and 15 other lakes in Wash/Carver/Anoka.
    I’ve used Windmill when I had to. No doubt a very nice launch. Probably the best. Is that one above Stillwater still free? I like to go there at least once a year just for the scenery upstream but you have to get there early to get a parking spot.

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Here you go… as of 4:45pm

Attachments:
    1. 2D2B980C-BE04-4F83-A227-ED5E0BB5CC79.jpeg

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

yep, be that way for 10 more days or better

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

If I remember correctly the launch doesn’t open it until the level is under 82. It has to be 81.9999999 before they open downtown

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

If I remember correctly the launch doesn’t open it until the level is under 82. It has to be 81.9999999 before they open downtown

It is 681 before it will open.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

what really irks me is why can’t someone hire somebody to redesign or figure out how to keep that ramp from being unusable in higher water. it doesn’t take much to close it down anymore.

X2

A river town needs a river access that isn’t closed after the subsequent water rise from a garden variety 2.5″ summer rain!

walinutz
    Cologne, MN

Is Beanies the only other launch in the area?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.