798C SI Recording Time

• crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Ok, I got the MMC SD Cards, 4 GB each.
    How much recording time can I get? I.e, do I need to be stingy on what I record, or once I set up to make a straight run over an interesting area can I just set it to record and forget it until the run(s) are over?
    Hope to get up to the lake at least one more time on soft water and will be fun to record.
    Thanks,
    John

jhalfen

I’ve done only a small amount of recording with my 997 and 1197….I focus more on screen captures which are relatively small (200K or so per image). With a 4GB card, I’d guess you’d be able to record a fair amount; however, I don’t have a good grasp for total recording time in minutes and seconds.

My recommendation: go to the lake armed with a backup card. If you fill one, swap it out and start working on the second.

whittsend

I don’t know for sure either, but I seem to recall cards of that size being able to record HOURS of data…. Keep in mind that a movie type DVD is generally 4-8 gigs. That includes tons of high res video, sound, and extras…. I’m pretty sure you’ll be safe for a number of hours on a 4 gig card. Good luck!!

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

All good news.
    Thanks,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.