797SI

• crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Have a chance to pick one of these up but I’m way at the bottom of the learning curve. Have browsed this group for info but have found more on the 1100 series than this series.
    What’s the consensus on the 7XX SI?
    Thanks,
    John

spd800
    NW Metro

John, I picked one up this summer and love it. Saving up right now to get one of the bigger units next year and put the 797 on the bow.

Steve

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Steve,
    Excellent.
    Thanks,
    John

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

I own a 797csi a very good solid never an issue unit. That being said at this point in time unless it is one heck of a deal I would move up to the 8 series. With some of the new updates HB has come out with ( down imaging ) the 797 will not except some of them. The 797 does not have a fast enough processor or large enough memory for some of the updates, so they are not included.

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Tom P,
    Good to know. The store that has the 7 did not offer much in the way of a savings. Going back tomorrow as the more knowledgeable sales person was out today. Would just like to see if out of the box as well as learn a little more.
    Did notice that the 8 accepts two cards(right term?) which may be part of what you are referring to.
    Your info helps me a lot.
    Thanks for taking the time to get back to me.
    John

whittsend

Two cards is a very (VERY) nice feature. You can have both your map card in and a memory card in at the same time. Allows you to get all those cool screenshots and record video… Then go back and study an area in more detail off the water (or share your cools shots on IDO) You’ll be amazed what you’ll see off the water (things you missed while you were fishing).

crappie66
    Iowa City, IA

Picked up the 798C SI yesterday.
    Hope to finish the installation tomorrow and get out Fri and Sat.
    Fun stuff.
    Thanks to all.
    John

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.