998 and 788 question

• glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Two questions:

-I have my 998 and 788 connected via an ethernet cable and they are not sharing waypoints

-My 788 is on my trolling motor and has been working fine and now today is giving me depths that are way, way off

Any thoughts, advise is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

First question I would have Glenn, is if the 788 is an HD unit – if not, it isn’t compatible with the ethernet system. If it is an HD unit, make sure you have the download v5_500.bin in both units (it will be 2 separate downloads – make sure you have the right download for each unit). With the download in, there will be an ethernet menu 1 tab to the right of the accessory menu and then you can get the units to talk.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Yep, it’s a 788 CI HD DI Combo.

Yep, I have the ethernet menu and it show’s both units and I have share waypoints turned on.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Just make sure you have v5_500 in both units then Glenn – that update came out around 2 weeks ago and cured a lot of talking issues. We have seen a couple of bad ethernet cables as well.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Put the new updates on, we’ll let ya know tomorrow.

Any advice on the 788 depth readings?

Thanks!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

I did a service call to look at a customer’s 788ci HD DI on Friday Glenn – his depths were all over the place from 2′ to 500″ +. That one needed a transducer. That is the only 788 DI unit we have had a depth hunting issue on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.