Having a gun shipped to a ffl

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I was browsing online this morning and found a plinking gun I want to buy but it’s out of state. I have never had a gun shipped to a ffl dealer before. I want it shipped to full draw outdoors. Do I have to have this all lined up with them before I purchase the gun ? I assume they will charge me some form of fee correct ? Or with them being a fire arms dealer is it better for me to ask them just to order the gun in ? Not sure how all this works. The guns on back order from manufacturer but there is 2 available at a shop out of state.
    I’ll call full draw and talk to them but I was curious how the process works

Beast

full draw might charge handling fee, somewhere around $20-30 if you’re buying from another dealer just give them the money and let them handle it.

WishIwasWiser

Google “fll near me” call them and have them email their license to your seller. They will ship your firearm to the ffl. You meet and do the paper work/back ground check and usually pay $20. Easy.

foulpole18
    North Branch, MN

I’ve had 2 guns shipped to Full Draw. I ordered both of them and then just call up there to let them know and they called me when they showed up. Don’t remember the cost but it was probably 20-so bucks at the time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

$20 would be on the low end. It may run $50

deertracker

If you are paying $50, you need to find a new FFL. That’s ridiculous. You can go on Gun Broker and find your local FFLs and see what they charge. $35 should be the high end but common is $25-$30.
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

They charged me 20 bucks. Guns on its way

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Huntindave wrote:</div>

If you are paying $50, you need to find a new FFL. That’s ridiculous. You can go on Gun Broker and find your local FFLs and see what they charge. $35 should be the high end but common is $25-$30.
    DT

I don’t need to do anything, just passing on what local dealers are quoting.
    The dealer that charges $50 has told me he would rather sell the gun, than just do the transfer. He is entitled to his business model same as any other business person.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.