Grumpy old men

• slipbob_nick
    Princeton, MN

was going to go fishing today, but got a sick little guy. Fired up grumpy old men. got to be one of the best movies with fishing in it. THE GREEN HORNET STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Both of the movies are gut busters. Love’m

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I try to live my life by these wise words in scene
    grumps

MNdrifter

We’ve been watching GOM a couple of times each wknd in the fish house. My wife heard my 8 year old ask my 5 year old “what’s the matter, you got a fart in your brain”. She suggested we switch it up a little this wknd.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Grandpa: Relax. Kids swallow quarters all the time.
    Melanie: Really?
    Grandpa: Sure. If she craps out two dimes and a nickel, then you can start worrying.

kabefisherman11

“I have been to hawaii”
    “What island?”
    “Comeoniwannalaya”

Iowaboy1

its okay!! Ima doctor!! lol
    two classics for sure,those movies couldnt have been pulled off without Jack,
    Walter,or Burgess.

another good one from days gone by is gone fish’n.
    I dont wanna squeal like a pig Gus!! lol

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

“Borderline leven”

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

Taken the shrimp boat to tuna town?

I try to live my life by these wise words in scene
    grumps

quazzy02

Grumpy Old Men is one of my all time favorite movies. I have been wanting to buy a Green Hornet rod for some time now. I have been looking for sometime trying to find pictures of the original one online and trying to find a true duplicate. Everything I came across online for sale was different colors than the original and didn’t look good.

I actually tracked down the guy that owns 1 of the original Green Hornet rods that was used in the movie. The guy was nice enough to send me some pictures of the original Green Hornet rod he owns and talked to me about how he became the owner of it.

Well then the wheels in my head got turning and I came up with an idea to make a “New Age Green Hornet” that is a usable ice rod. I contacted a couple rod builders and ran my ideas of what I was thinking past them. I found 1 local rod builder here in Minnesota called Diamond Custom Rods that liked my idea and was willing to try and make it a reality.

He just sent me a few pictures and I think he is doing an excellent job and the rod is turning out better than I even had pictured it in my head! Let me know what you guys think?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20170323_223756.jpg

2. Green-Hornet-Being-Painted.jpg

3. Authentic-Green-Hornet.jpg

4. 2nd-Head-Longer-Bill.jpeg

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It will be a one of a kind treasure. I seriously would do a plaque with photo’s and the story behind the rod for your future generations to know the history of Grandpa’s rod.

wanderlust

I’ve been making my own modern version of the “Green Hornet” and I I always say it’s caught more fish than you’ve lied about. ACE Custom Rods

Attachments:
    1. 881EC90F-2871-45E2-828F-53FB3DB92211.jpeg

Deleted

They still sell the green hornet at slipperys in wabasha still. If I remember , they were $20 or $30 and I was told that a local wabasha guy makes them?

My uncle & cousin come up every summer and I know they bought one last year. I just stopped in for some curds a week ago and saw them there yet.

They also had an original ice shack prop from the movie in their gift shop last time I was in there.

Looks like they are $40 now ! Ouch !

Attachments:
    1. 10E9D410-B2D5-4D9D-B937-23165BAD9558.png

tim hurley

Great movie

Look at that pic of Burgess, his beer says Smidtt’s. I only remember it being called Smidtt-antone know?

Deleted

The green hornet poles are at Hill’s Hardware in wabasha right now…..$28.95

bigpike

I’ve laid more pipe in this town than Wabasha plumbing!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.