Group Speaker Needed- St Croix River Fishermen

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From the Carpenters Nature Center:

Good afternoon everyone-

We had a WI-DNR gal all lined up to talk about fishing on the St. Croix River on Saturday July 20th for a group of Wisconsin Master Naturalists trainees.

She’s had an injury and can’t help out anymore.

Would any of you be willing to talk about fishing to our Master Naturalists?

All of you are experts that I’d be proud to have teach the class (which is only about 30-60 minutes depending on how in-depth or hands-on you would like to go).

The 15-20 adult students in the group come from varying backgrounds and experience.

The focus of the talk can be somewhat flexible, but is primarily a brief introduction to the St. Croix River’s fish species and a bit about recreational fishing.

If you are associated with a specific non-profit, for example the Hastings Rotary’s Let’s Go Fishing Program, you could definitely promote it for future volunteer opportunities.

For background: The Wisconsin Master Naturalist Programs is offered state-wide. Each regional class consists of 40 hours of training covering all sorts of aspects of Wisconsin’s natural world (from prairies to dragonfly nymphs). Our St Croix Valley program hosts these as monthly classes from March through October. The July class is taking place at Kinni State Park on the river’s edge and we’ll be covering all sorts of topics from dragonflies, to the Kinni River Land Trust, St. Croix River Association’s work on invasive species, etc.) Graduates from the program go on to volunteer throughout our region in three areas: stewardship, environmental education and citizen science. We try to introduce them to as many amazing non-profits as possible, so they are best equipped to help out when they graduate.

Thanks for considering it-

Jennifer Vieth
    Executive Director
    Carpenter St. Croix Valley Nature Center
    MN: 12805 St. Croix Trail S., Hastings MN 55033
    WI: 300 E Cove Road, Hudson WI 54016
    CarpenterNatureCenter.org
    Office: 651-437-4359

No need to be an expert.
    If interested, please contact Jennifer Vieth directly at the number above.

Thank you!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Retired Minnesota/Wisconsin Cat and Sturgeon Guide
    BrianKsWorld.com
    Owner and Captain of Red Wing Bald Eagle Tours

I would think this would qualify you to speak. You could tell some creepy guide stories you have. wink

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m tied up that day with a previous engagement. Otherwise I would have them all on the floor laughing (at me).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.