The count down has begun!

• jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Ok, the count down has begun! I am planning to come up to the big V the week after the Musky opener, June 7,8,9. We are staying on the South West part of the lake near Everett’s Bay. We plan on doing some Ski fishing and I am looking for some advice! I am not looking for specific spots (although I wouldn’t turn any information down!) but perhaps general areas, type of structure to target, presentation for the time of year (i.e. top water, trolling, soft plastics….). I have a GPS with hot spots maps loaded so I will know how to find most places and types of structure. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Labman

Walleye18

If you are fishing for Muskies i have a cabin in Frazer Bay on the south west shoreline. About 200 yards south west of Church Island there is a reef that use to hold Walleye, but now it seems to be a great place for Muskie at dusk. Anchor up on top and throw over the edge of the reef and you should have luck. ( Reef tops out at around 6-8 ft.) If you have GPS it wont be hard to find.
    Also just to the west of the North side of Muskrat channel the is a deep weed bed about 60 yards from shore and almost due west of the channel buoy.
    If all else fails hit Greenwood Bay In the evening, Greenwood is fished pretty hard, but I have caught and seen my share of decent fish pulled out of there.

jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Thanks for the info! I do have a gps and a decent map of the lake so I should be able to find the spots you mentioned. Any suggestions on lure type or presentation for that time of year? We are only going to be there for three days so we might be doing a little run and gun to try and find the bite. I am pumped to fish this lake!

Thanks again!, Labman

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.