hey walleyaddict

• Anonymous

So how far away from Detroit is detroit lakes?

Just kidden Thanks for the upnort minnows.LOL

Anonymous

It is now a mandatory visit for you, ProV, and ReefRunner. That 5hrs from Redwing only takes about….ummm….5hrs to drive with your boat in tow. Well worth the trip. Let me know when your comming!

DONOTDELETE

Geez man, how ’bout bringing ME some of those minnows next time? Just a couple dozen would be fine since all they catch is 9 Lb fish. No need to be greedy, right?

Anyhoo…. welcome aboard Brad. One of these days you and I will actually have to meet up on the river. Amazing that we keep missing each other time and again. Any chance you can make it down for the EFN Get-Together in July? 19th & 20th. More good food and fun than you can handle. Might even get to do some fishing too.

Anonymous

Hey James, man…. you sure can make your way around your board! It is a surprise to me also that we don’t get wired up together with the mutual river rat friends we know. I will work a deal….later this fall I will bring some “up north” minnows down and trade you for some of your “ringies”! I will try for the get-together, but I am already booked for the am on the 19th. It is tough for me to get down much after our opener here as I will be doing about 90 trips + a few tournaments. I make it sometimes for the Frontenac Tourney. I get back down every fall/winter/spring though.

Anonymous

Hey Brad, Whats your favorite lake in your area and why? What is your favorite opener day presentation for catching them eyes? Thanks, Bill

Anonymous

Hard to pick a favorite as they all cycle though good and bad bites and we have so many…412 lakes in a 25 mile radius of the city of Detroit Lakes. Big Detroit is one of my favorites because of the quality and # of pigs it can turn. Ottertail is a structure fishermans dream and a #’s factory for great eaters in the 14-17″ range.

As for opener…I play the wind/weather and make my decision in the am. I jump lakes also…sometimes 3 in the day. Favorite tactics are jig and minnow or live bait rigging and a minnow or crawler. Use shiners….or…. shiners! Focus on warmer water. Start shallow 4-12′ and work deeper. Some get em and some don’t….thats why we keep trying and learning!

Anonymous

412 Lakes in a 25 mile radius, WOW!!! Sounds like “fishing heaven” if you ask me. No wonder you can’t just pick “one” favorite hey. Keep us up to date on how you do. Thanks Brad, Bill

Anonymous

Do i need a boat or can we just hold a fish catching party in your barge? LOL

Dose that alumnicraft have rom for a keg…hmmm….We should get up that way sometime, just to see what it is like to fish without current…LOL …that might be a little weird!…

Anonymous

DL area-my good friend from college is from Perham. We fish Otter Tail, Big Pine and Little Pine a lot. He mentions the HUGE walleye they pull out of Little MacDonald. Ever make it down there? Do you know Joe Bowser (sp?)? Joe isnt my college buddie- but I have bumped into him on a few trip and the guy catches more fish than a anyone has any right to!

Anonymous

Hey Brad

good to see this section is up and running.

I know they couldn’t have picked a better guy for the job!

Notice I said guy otherwise Mary would of been the first choice. LOL

Hope to see some Pics of the fish you get for opener

talk to you later

Nate Cadwell

Anonymous

Hey Nate, I will still get info and insight from Mary, but I’ll just take the credit!

daveb…I don’t know Joe, but hey….no more posts about lil Mac…some jems need to stay jems! Sounds like you’ve been on some of our premo water.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.