tires

• uncle-glen-1
    LaCrosse, Wi

Need new rubber for my Tahoe, I want a quiet smooth ride, very very seldom go offroad. I pull a 16 ft Alumacraft navigator and nothing else. Want something that will last and give better mileage. Any suggestions?

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

I went with michelin tires on my tahoe and cannot complain at all, also pull a heavy boat and they work great. I was able to get them cheap with free shipping to the door from discount tire direct. I also mount and balance them myself so was able to save more.They had a $70 rebate on a set of four and ended up at $138 ea.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I am in the same boat, I am really looking at the Michelin LTX M/S2.
    I can not find many bad reviews, anywhere on the net. Expensive but Michelin has a small rebate coming out next week. My 266/65/18 mounted, balanced and life time rotation come in under a grand at Discount Tire.

Good Luck with your decision,
    Ron

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

I have gone the Michelin route through Discount Tire two times for my Suburban. You can research tires on the web, as well as DT’s pricing. Then I would recommend speaking with them to confirm the type of tread design you prefer. And be very consistent about rotating the tires (it’s free) and they will last!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My buddy put the Michelin LTX M/S2 on his Tahoe and has been happy. I didn’t want to spend that much and got the General Grabber HTS on my Sequoia this fall. The reviews of the Grabbers were quite good, and so far, I have been very pleased with them. Regardless, it’s tough to beat Discount Tire.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Anybody in the St Cloud area who needs tires, see me. We mark up every tire we sell $10 over cost….+ $60 to mount and balance, that includes stems and free air !!! We also rotate free for the life of the tire. Discount Tire or anyone in the area, can’t come close to us on anything bigger than 16″

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

and free air !!!

HOT Air, no doubt

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Michelin great milage

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Cooper discoverers are a great tire they have outlasted any other brand I have owned.

wilk71
    Albany, Missouri

X 2 on the Cooper Discoverers!! They have been awesome for me. I have had them on 2 different Tahoes and loved them

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Quote:

Cooper discoverers are a great tire they have outlasted any other brand I have owned.

X3

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’m on a second year with General Grabber HT’s on my Tahoe and they are a great tire. Good ride and good traction on snow and rain. Discount Tire beat everyone up here in St. Cloud, it wasn’t even close and there service is fantastic.

big_g
    Isle, MN

You didn’t shop me Tim…. On Generals, we really spank em… You paid too much !!!

iceman35
    upstate New York

The web is full of tire reviews. Anybody drops a bunch of money here on tahoe tires gonna say there good… check out mavis tires online. type in the size you want and get reviews. I’ve found it to be a great resource. Alot of choices in tires when it comes to a full size SUV. Grab some beer before you look.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think that survey may be skewed… not 1 Michelin or Goodyear listed… nomatter what size you put in ???

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Your right G
    I do know that that site is very informative and when you search by tire size you can get hundreds of reviews on most of tires in their system

markmoran
    Rochester MN

Maybe that website can’t sell them? I didn’t even notice that. Thanks G

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.