sd cards

• jdegeorge

I had to send my locator back to lorrance it was out of warranty so for a 160 bucks they replaced it with a new model but my map cards won’t fit because the new model has the mini sd slot do they make a adaptor or not thanks john d

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The make an adapter to get the micros to work in the larger slots but obviously that’s not possible going in the other direction.

All new cards, at least from Lakemaster, are the micros (sold with the adapter… just in case it needs to be used in an older GPS). So my advice would be to sell the old cards you currently have (they sell quickly and for good money as long as they’re not real old). Typically a guy can get $75+ for a year or two year old card. Then apply that cash towards the new micro version.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

SD Converter

Well I’ll be. Thanks 85Lund. I’ve never seen an SD to micro converter.

I wouldn’t want that hanging out the front of my GPS unit but at least there is an option to get it done.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

I wonder if Lakemaster or Navionics wouldn swap the data card for a reasonable price?

Might be worth giving them a call.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Quote:

SD Converter

Well I’ll be. Thanks 85Lund. I’ve never seen an SD to micro converter.

I wouldn’t want that hanging out the front of my GPS unit but at least there is an option to get it done.

I agree it does seem like an accident waiting to happen. There goes my card

fireline
    Rochester

What’s the price on that unit ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.