lowrance transducers

• taildancer

Has anyone had to replace their transducers on their Lowrance unit approx. every year. I heard that they put out a bad batch and seems like I have hit 4 of them. Could my x17 be causing them to go bad…and I have to say talking to there customer service is nothing but a run around…unless you want to send in the unit of $200.

capleg1
    minnesota

I have been having the same issue with my Eagle 320. Am now on my 3rd ducer. I was told by an electronics tech Lowrance had their ducres made in Mexico until last year and had a bunch that were going bad. That would seem to fit the pattern on my boat. Front ducer has been good and solid, back one, the newer one has been replaced every year for the last three years. I was told they are now not made in Mexico due to manufacturing – quality problems . THe cheap fix on my $120 eagle 320 is to replace the ducer and skip the $200 buck service fee.

mattfishing

Same with me went through three of them. sitting still in the water no reading put engine in gear and go 5mph would get signal, then some days worked all day other never would read the bottom. Even replaced my 520 with another one and same thing. Bought a brand new lund already set up for Lowrance and two weeks same thing, just like my old boat. So another transducer and has been working so far.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I am on my 4th one in as many years and I think this one is going bad because I can’t seem to even get a reading on the boat lift many of the times
    I have a friend that works as a fishing manager at a large sporting goods retailer and he said that they are getting better but he could hardly keep them on the shelf for the last 3-4 years. His Lowrance rep told him that they have had some major problems with them.
    I called and even e-mailed them and both times I was told by Lowrance CS that there have been no reported problems and I was having an isolated problem. I asked why I had to wait for 2 weeks because they couldn’t keep them in stock and they were on back ordered they said it must be a distribution problem.
    All I have to say is they are full of #$%& and they have a major problem with their transducers. That’s my 2 cents. After this I would have a hard time buying another Lowrance I have have told them that every chance I get I will bash their products and tell people about the crappy products and CS I have expirienced with them!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.