Name the Pup?

• chucklofgren

“The book “Where the Red Fern Grows” by Wilson Rawls is about a boy named Billy who saves up his money to buy two hunting hounds. When he gets enough money he goes to town on foot to buy them, a girl and a boy. Little Ann has the brains and Old Dan has the strength.”

I think Little Ann would be my choice.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

BK, I have a cat called ‘dog’ already, could get confusing in the house? Let’s keep in mind that I will have to call her in the field while bird hunting….

Mod, cross post please to hunting? At this point I’m thinking I’ll call her “White Pole” or something…

weldon
    Rochester, Mn

Brandy

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

BK, I have a cat called ‘dog’ already,

Perfect!

No cross posting allowed. Silly guy

Chris Nelson
    SSP,MN

Looks like a Nellie. “Whoow Nellie”

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

BK, I have a cat called ‘dog’ already, could get confusing in the house? Let’s keep in mind that I will have to call her in the field while bird hunting….

My Dad had beagles when we wee kids….one at a time…..but they were all named Bell. When we wanted to name a new one any different, he would say, “If you can come up with a one syllable name that will ring clear in the woods better than Bell, we will change it.” We never did come up with a different name.

Just saying, keeping that in mind, it would be hard to get a sharp, clear call out to the dog if the name is too long, or has a soft start to the name, like Heidi for example.

June

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Czech

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Ask-em,
    That way when people say,” whats your dogs name” you respond, Ask-em!

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.