Suggestion – IDO Podcast??

• wooly bugger
    SE Minnesota

Hoping this is the right forum to post a suggestion in. Just wondering if the some of the IDO leadership has ever considered putting together an IDO Podcast.

I think it would be great to hear a group of experts get together and talk about their respective fishing styles together in a ‘radio show’ type format.

Call me a nerd, but I could listen to guys who know what they are doing talk about jigging, live bait rigging, boat control, electronics/gps, rod/reels, how to fish rivers, etc. etc. all day long.

I already love that IDO has put all their videos online already. I think it would be excellent to have some portable IDO content. Download a podcast and listen to it shoveling snow, doing the commute to work, or while you are with your wife on her next shopping trip .

I used to do some voice-over radio work a few years ago, and would be happy to help with what I can.

Just a humble suggestion from a relatively new IDO fan. Thanks for listening.

wooly bugger
    SE Minnesota

In early voting, it’s 75% yay, 25% nay.

whiskeyandwater
    ????

I just wonder if we could get the addicts on here off of the water, or out of the woods long enough to talk for a podcast.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I’m one of the few without a Ipod and wouldn’t even know how to listen to a podcast.

Here is how us old guys do it………We go to Skeeter Boat Centers open house this coming Saturday and listen to James and several other experts doing seminars.

wooly bugger
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m one of the few without a Ipod and wouldn’t even know how to listen to a podcast.

Here is how us old guys do it………We go to Skeeter Boat Centers open house this coming Saturday and listen to James and several other experts doing seminars.

I’d love to do that as well. Sadly, my work schedule seems to get in the way a lot of the time .

I’ve looked for other freshwater fishing podcasts to listen to since I travel quite a bit, and there just isn’t anything that is high-quality out there at the moment that I could find. The IDO experts would do much better. It would be great to here from sponsors like Wade about electronics, as well as other sponsors highlighting their products. Additionally, you could have techniques and tips from the field staff and guides here.

Just a thought I had about this considering there seems to be an untapped media outlet .

Listening to a podcast is easy. You can stream it right on your website, or you can listen to it from ITunes or any other podcast-compatible program. So even if you don’t have an Ipod or other mp3 device you can still listen to the show .

wooly bugger
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I just wonder if we could get the addicts on here off of the water, or out of the woods long enough to talk for a podcast.

Fair enough point . However, it seems like a lot of the professionals around here enjoy the teaching side of the business. I imagine most of our dreams of being a pro-fisherman or guide would be brought down to earth if we knew how much time is devoted to the non-fishing side of life .

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Yes, a Podcast is a great idea!

Quote:

Just a thought I had about this considering there seems to be an untapped media outlet .

Listening to a podcast is easy. You can stream it right on your website, or you can listen to it from ITunes or any other podcast-compatible program. So even if you don’t have an Ipod or other mp3 device you can still listen to the show .

I agree, I just bought my first MP3 player, just to listen to podcasts (for my winter hobby). (I’m old, so I’ll have to have my kids help me out with it.)

I don’t think it would be that hard for someone to put it together.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I’ve been at a few events around the campfire listening to folks and there is a wealth of information to glean from those “discussions”. You would have to edit or put it on satelite radio, however.

dd

redneck
    Rosemount

I hear you Joel. There seems to be a correlation between the amount of alcohol involved and how good the information is too! A guy can learn more sitting around the campfire some evenings at Evert’s than he can learn on his own on the water in a year I am living proof of that By the way—what is this Ipod thing you talk about and is there anyone out there who can work on my 8-track

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.