Hi Vis Line

• lookin4fish

question…when you are running Hi Vis line…for walleyes, do you put a clear leader on it? this is dirrected more at use on the mississippi?
    thanks

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

If I only fished the Miss I wouldn’t worry to much about it. But I go from place to place and usually run a fluro leader just to be ready no matter where I am.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

No leader on the river…direct tie the hi-vis line right to the jig, or whatever I’m pulling.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Quote:

No leader on the river…direct tie the hi-vis line right to the jig, or whatever I’m pulling.

Ditto, hi-vis line helps you understand where and what your jig or blade is doing. And also helps you see the indiscrete bites. Walleye are not concerned with its presents.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Tie directly

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

On one of the other forums, Pete Harsh mentions he’d use a clear leader when using Hi vis, seems to make sense as others have mentioned when using the camera’s they have seen fish come up and nibble on tag ends and such.

This was my first year with a bright yellow line, but I think I’ll be using a leader of clear blue just in case.

Al

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

I use the Cortland and I tie direct to the lure but I have not used it on many clear lakes, mostly just the river and it works great there.

Dave

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I use the power pro braid hi-vis yellow and it actually seems to out perform my buddy’s mono, so I don’t think it scares them off at all on the river. Haven’t got much time on the lake with it yet but I would assume if it was going to spook them that would be the place it would happen.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I love the HiVis green in gin clear water and red, orange, and yellow everywhere else. Yellow Power Pro brai, Cajun Ren mono and braid, and Cortland

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.