Holiday Spirit

• fishinallday
    Participant
    Montrose Mn

I recieved a call from my wife just now and wanted to share a story from this morning.

To set the stage my wife and I have 2 little girls. Hailee will be 2 this month and Ella was born in July. This morning the three of them packed up and headed into Ridgedale looking for a few last items for the holidays. When they arrived my wife realised that she had forgotten the stoller. Well…. off she went with one blond holding her finger and the other strapped into a baby bijourn.(SP?) As you can imagine she was a bit peeved and having a time getting the girls into the mall.

But here’s the thing. As they walked into the mall an elderly gent stopped her and started talking to the girls. (Hailee and Ella) This was nothing new and probably isn’t out of the ordinary for anyone who has small kids. From her discription this was the guy who no matter the situation you just felt comfortable with. She said he just lit up as our oldest daughter talked too him.

After a moment the gentelman said “I have a gift for the girls if that’s ok.” Now my wife was a bit nervouse, but tenativly said OK. He went on to pull out a bank envelope full of two dollar bills and presented one to each of my girls. He then wished them a happy holidays and continued on his morning walk.

This just brought a smile too my face and I wanted to share.

happycampin
    Participant
    New Richmond, WI

My daughter had the same thing happen to her around this time last year. It sure made her day! Thanks for sharing .

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Last time somebody held out an envelope and said “I’ve got a gift for you”, it was followed shortly by “Consider yourself served!”. But in the end, aside from the cost, it actually was a gift to get divorce papers.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Huh, I was at Ridgedale over lunch yesterday. I’m gonna have to keep an eye out for this guy.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Huh, I was at Ridgedale over lunch yesterday. I’m gonna have to keep an eye out for this guy.

I hope you have blonde hair and look two years old.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I was blonde and 2 at one point in my life. I may have to play the trump card and bring my 3 girls with. He’d have to feel sorry for me then.

whiskeyandwater
    Participant
    ????

wow now comment now about how he would probably feel sorry for the girls being WITH Kooty. And not that he would feel sorry for Kooty? I’m ashamed at some of you guys I would have figured this would have been posted by now! Hmmm everyone must actually be working today.

fishinallday
    Participant
    Montrose Mn

Quote:

I was blonde and 2 at one point in my life. I may have to play the trump card and bring my 3 girls with. He’d have to feel sorry for me then.

Take slider and his kids as well. The mall will probably organise a benefit for the kids and a shopping spree for the your wifes.

dea
    Participant
    Hixton, WI

That sounds like something my Dad would do. He is always collecting $2 bills. He hands them out to the grandchildren or leaves them as tips.
    How wonderful for a nice thing to happen when your wife was a bit frazzled. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.