Another “best friend” lost

• jwmii
    La Crosse, Wi

Some of you may remember my post back in January about losing our lab Mocha. That was about the hardest thing I ever had to do. I was comforted somewhat in the fact that I had her good friend and companion Meg, another lab, still with us. Well we found out this week that she had a large inoperable tumor in her abdomen and that while she was still looking and acting healthy, she would decline very rapidly and become so weak that she would not be able to even get up any longer. The tumor was keeping her from eating and she would virtually starve to death. We called the kids home from college and we were all able to say our goodbyes while she still was the dog we all knew and loved. She started to get weaker yesterday and it was obvious that she was becoming more uncomfortable and her time with us was drawing to a close. We took her in this morning and had her put down before she was in pain and suffering. She truly missed her friend Mocha and now they are reunited in a better place.
    Please say a prayer for her and my family.
    As a very good friend has said about losing a dog… they are a part of your family… it sucks.. and it hurts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.