power augers,portables

• Anonymous

Just wondering what is everyones favorite auger. I have one

Jiffy model 30 3hp 9inch cut thats about 11 or 12 years old that has cut a lot of holes. The only problem with it is after 15 or 20 holes it is like carrying a lawnmower it is heavy.I think the new ones have power heads that weigh 24.1 without the auger. I know mine feels more like 45 with the auger. The other brands I looked at today didn’t say how heavy they were. Is there a guide showing all augers with say an 8 inch blade like weight,gas tank size, length of auger ect ect. Just thinking of maybe updating even though mine now with new blades cuts like new.Also what portable is everyones favorite. I bought an Otter cabin model today as I already had one of their sleds.I will mount it on sled and try it out tomorrow. Thanks for any opinions. Steve

Anonymous

I personally like the Lazers, especially for reopening used holes. The only thing is to make sure you have sharp blades and keep them from icing up. It is fairly light, enough so my wife does most of the drilling.

Anonymous

I have a Jiffy Legend Lightning 2hp w/8in cut. It has the new Teflon coating on the cutter! It is just as fast as a lazer and I think is built with much more durabilty. The blades can even be reshapened. I would recomend it to anyone………..I have a two man fish trap that I like alot. And my vote goes out the the new Vexilar fl-18 it is a “fishing machine”………….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.