Lake map software

• Anonymous

Greetings all….just wondering if anyone has purchased or used any of the lake map software currently available on the market, specifically for Mille Lacs. I’ve seen the Lake Master website, and I think I remember seeing Tutt’s having a version of this as well. Just curious to know if they make a nice toy, or if they are truly practical for printing and using in the boat?

Anonymous

E,

In my opinion the new version of Lakemaster is the one to buy, real bottom?? It’s just like any other tool, you gotta use it and become familiar with it’s features. What do you want the software to do for you??

I don’t personally own a copy yet, because I’m waiting to upgrade my GPS. Once I’ve done that, Lakemaster will installed on my pc. I like the ability to create routes, waypoints, ect. all in the comfort of my home. Download them to the GPS and head to the lake.

It’s just like anything though, you gotta force yourself to spend time with it before you get to the lake. Good luck in your choice!!

Anonymous

I personally use the Lakemaster maps and have the reel bottom versions of Mille Lacs now and Leech and White Bear on order. They will also have Gull, Minnetonka and Winnie available soon. As with any map there are things that are missed or a little off. Theses maps are the closest thing I’ve found.

Probably the best partof the program however, is the fact that you can save all your way points on the map as well as what the date was, specie of fish caught, size, lure used, temp, wind, etc. Then lets say you’re going to Mille Lacs in July and you want to know what spots worked under the same conditions in previous years, you can sort under each topic.

They do also have the Tutts version of Mille Lacs avail.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.