EFN on T.V.

• Anonymous

Plans are in the works for a EFN Outdoors cable TV show to air in Rochester, Austin, Albert Lee, Owatonna, Waseca, and Mankato. I have been contacted by Owatonna’s Charter Communications represenitave to meet soon and contract for the show.

It is my plan to invite Brett King as a co-host and follow the format that I have had on the Owatonna Today Monthly Fishing Show. That format is… a EFN fishing report (derived from our staff that includes recognition for the staff reporter) taken from our FTR and FTL sites. Then a lure review (from products that are available from a sponsor, such as Cabela’s Retail). Then to introduce a guest and have a discussion of topics. Then a close, mentioning next weeks guest and the topics for the following show. This format for a 30 minute show, allows for 10 commercials, which can be provided by or produced by EFN for our sponsors. Our EFN Staff, Brett and I will be available for comercial production.

Certainly, our staff will all be asked to be a guests on our program, and many of them will be “regulars” being asked to do product reviews and provide tips and techniques. Video footage can be played on the show, allong display of photos. I am working on having a gen-lock link so that the EFN main pages and reports may be seen as they appear on the sites.

It is my hope that the combined efforts of us all can help to produce a T.V. show that may go into larger markets, and that may serve to aid in the overall growth of EFN. This also to boost our EFN Pro-Staff’s individual pro-fishermen images to the public, as well as widen EFN’s recognition in this region of Minnesota.

Who can help? EFN and I will appreciate your help through your ideas and comments. And, of course… we need show sponsors…. Ideas?

Hawger

Anonymous

I apologize Hawger, but what is EFN? Good luck with your show. I’m a firm believer that there is no such thing as too many fishing shows. Would you possibly have the only Minnesota based fishing show that explores (at least once) the thrill of small stream fishing for bass, muskie or walleye?

Fish On! Big Lew

Anonymous

The EFN is for Electronic Fishing Network, parent name chosen by Steve Hougom and James Holst (owners of FTR & FTL).

My plan is to premier all the styles and types of fishing in our region, including stream and river trout and smallmouth. Our team of excellent professional fishermen on staff can surely fill that bill! Example… John Eggers reports on FTR and is “a ledgend fixing to happen” in trout fishing. I have caught 56 trout in one outing with him (in 5 hours on the Root River) and he regularly catches and releases from 75 up to 100 on a day trip, himself! Think of that show…wow…. and John is only one of our outstanding pros. We have 25 on this team that are outstanding fishermen, outdoor writers, tackle inventors, and radio/tv hosts. It is a natural for us to have a tv show to complement these EFN sites. And a regional radio show, which is also in the works.

I will keep you posted as to our outcome and release datess. We owe it all to Steve Hougom and James Holst who are at the helm. I am excited for EFN and our future! Hawger

Anonymous

Can video tapes be made avaliable through FTL & FTR ? I’m sure the viewing area won’t extend as far south as my home but I fish the area 2 or 3 times a month at some times of the year, and would really appreciate seeing what you folks are doing and how you’re doing it! Thanks for all the great info!…….B

Anonymous

Tapes, is another thing that is on the list of to do’s and get done’s… Thanks. Hawger

Anonymous

A buddy of mine is a cameraman for a local news station, if you guys want to do a Lake Erie Video here in Ohio I’m sure he would lend a hand…

Anonymous

Great! Wow, thanks for the offer! Hawger

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.