Annual FTL Get-together

• Anonymous

I talked with Ron Guppone at Lakes Sports Bait in Madison Lake, Mn today. Ron says there is 6 to 8 inches of ice on Madison Lake and the crappies are hitting in 20 feet of water, just outside of the “narrows”. Your best bet is small teardrops and waxies or very small crappie minnows. With the cold temps, ice formation will continue… but for now…. think and be safe. Fish with a friend and have rope and “ice pics” with you. Good luck. Hawger

Anonymous

The FTL Annual Get-Together is on! Madison Lake has a bait/sports shop right in town on Hwy 60, it is called Lakes Sports. Ron Guppone owns the shop, and they do a great job in available live bait and the latest in lures.

I figure most of us EFN staffers will be fishing near the “narrows” area. The narrows is the same distance from either landing and in the center of the lake. The landing near town is also a public beach / park area that has ample parking. Deep water (+25′) is on both sides of the narrows and provides good crappie as well as walleye fishing.

Driving on the lake? Well we’ll have to wait and see how thick the ice gets….

Fishing competition starts at midnight! Hope to see you there. Hawger

Anonymous

Don’t think I’ll be there at midnight.

Anonymous

So… 1:00 am or so? Ha!

Hawger

Anonymous

I got the “OK” from Sheriff Brad Peterson (Blue Earth County) for the FTL Annual Get-together on Madison Lake. The Permit is being issued today. Our thanks to you Sheriff Peterson!

Things are shaping up nicely for the event… hope we get good weather.

There will be some door-prizes, hot dogs, chili/beans, chips, pop, etc… food starts at 11:00am.

Look for my Mankato Tent & Awning “E-Z Set” black 2-man portable. I’ll have an American Flag flying. Ya’ll come for some grub! Hope to see lots of you there!

Please start a “I’ll be there” list on this thread, so we can get a handle on the attendance.

Thanks, Hawger

Anonymous

We’re there…Dave Hoggard and Richard Smith – Owatonna

Anonymous

Hooks + Bobbers will be there!

Anonymous

Hey hawger,

count us in for 3. Also wondering where do you think you’ll set up narrows, Cows bar or the points.

thanks.

Jigger2001

Anonymous

I’ll be there. Trying to line up the posse as well.

Anonymous

Hey Hawger a buddy and I will be there should be alot of fun whats the best way to access the lake

Thanks alot

Nate Cadwell

Anonymous

WALKING !…. at Northwest Public access…. Hawger

Anonymous

A request was made to start the fishing before 7am…by Jigger 2001…. lets fish this like real fishermen, and start off at midnight! This will make things much nore interesting. I think that FTR started their catfish thing early on their Get-together. I like the idea too. We’ll see many more big walleye. Hawger

Anonymous

Hawger,

Is the ice good enough for all ATV use?

How thick?

Anonymous

It was 6-8 ” last weekend, and there were sleds on it then… Has to be good by now… Hawger

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.