Walleye Opener Hot Spots

• pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

Hey Guys,
    Just thought that I would make a post of where every one goes on the opener. I usally go to Lake Winnibigosh, and stay at Little Winnie Campground. Last year the bite was fairly good on winnie and real good on little winnie. Just drifting with a rattle jig and fathead. But also used a leech to switch it up.

Post where you guys all go for your opener hot spots.

pyake

I live on a border water between WI and MI – Menominee River. Walleye stays open year round with a bag limit of 1 fish in the normally off season. Opener is as soon as the ice breaks up off of the river. Last year I was out on April 30th.

Cabin fever sets in in late January /early February and I am itching to just get on the water as soon as I can. I admiditly catch fewer walleyes than most. In April and May I bumble may way into a few eyes to keep myself busy until the musky opener.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

If the ice is off Vermilion, we usually do very well.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I’ll be trying Ceder Island this year. Sounds like a buddies dad does very well and we’ll have a dozen people just in case the fish don’t bite.

jldii

I’ll be in the BWCA this year for opener. Hopefully the timing will work out that the lakers will be up in the shallow water just after ice out. If not, thats fine to, the walleyes are just thick up where we go. The lake’s walleye population is 5 times the state average per acre.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I will open on Vermilion also and spend the better part of the season there(’til mid October)!
    Geronimo

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I’ll be floating my boat on the upper end of pool 4 for the opener . The river gets pretty quit on the first day of the opener

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I will keep in step with my tradition.
    Pool 4……………

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

like the last two I fish my home waters pool-4

Know I can fo up the ?????????????
    dime ???????????

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Pool 4 sure sounds good to me. Ok, want a lake, then Lake Pepin on pool 4. I will probably hit a different lake the Monday after the opener maybe up around Chisago area or maybe even Mille Lacs for the weekend. Will see what Nate does that weekend then decide as I can always sleep anywhere in my Van. All that really matters is that I’m on water fishin.
    Thanks, Bill

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.