Canadian Boat-In??

• noska

this year my wife and i went to canada fishing on a “boat-in” at ghost river lodges in Sioux Lookout Ontario. We are thinking about doing it agian this year, but maybe trying a different resort in Canada. Does anyone know of any resorts in Canada that are remote that you portage or are boated into with no road access?? my wife wont fly

thanks in advance!
    noska

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Go to “Manitou Falls Camp” on the English River, up by Ear Falls. Great fishing, fairly reasonable. The system host muskie, pike, smallmouth, walleye, jumbo perch. It is close to fly-in quantity and quality comparable to Lac Seul or LOTW. Great, clean, nice setup that is very comfortable……

nubbinbuck

Noska,
    Convince the wife to fly! I’m not a huge flier, either. However sitting up in front with a Bush Pilot is a lark. Those guys have some pretty good stories!!

Sorry I can’t help you on your quest. I’ve only done fly-ins….

BigDaddyEE

Check out Happy Landing Lodge on Pipestone Lake….they have a boat in arrangement. Rather than leave a long post, check out their website at http://www.happylandingfishing.com. A friend and I are taking our dads there next summer for a getaway. With all of the available lakes, it seems one would have no trouble keeping busy with a variety of species.

One more thing, if this looks interesting to you, do yourself a favor and send for the promotional materials. Matt will send you a DVD that will get your juices flowing and wanting to hit the road tomorrow!!

Can’t wait until next June!!!

Eric

noska

We had a great time on the boat in portage trip to ghost river we caught 450 walleyes in 6 days. which isnt to shabby plus a 27″ walleye trophy but ive tried my friend aint no convincing her….lol

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Try Bow Narrows Camp at Red Lake, Ont. Dan and Brenda will treat you great. Been going there past 5 years, lots of fish and wildlife and old gold mines to explore.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.