Live Bait in Minneapolis?

• usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

I am having a heck of a time finding live bait (Walleye minnows) in Minneapolis or anywhere near pool 2, any suggestions from you folks on here?

Will be coming in from work from the Armory at Broadway and Central (the North side of the Metro).

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quite a few Ace Hardware locations have minnows as well.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I was going to ask the same.

Ace @ 3805 Nicollet Ave South Mpls and there is another Ace as well. That is a little out of the way though. You can check any of the Ace stores, but only some have minnows. I think most carry bait.

There was a gas station that carried minnows on Sheppard Road between 35E and 5, but I can’t find it on Google.

You best bet might be the Clark station on Old Shakopee and Cedar. A little out of the way, but a best bet.

Call ahead no matter where you go. Nothing worse than running around.

desperado

yup, Joes’ Sporting Goods
    HWY 36 and Rice Street
    about 8 miles straight east of the Armory

tbrooks11

I dont know if the bait in other Ace stores are better, but I have picked up minnows from Ace in Farmington and they were in rough shape to say the least… if i were you i would find more of a bait shop or just head to Joes

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

The gas station on Penn ave about 1/4 mile north of 394 has worms/minnows amd suckers.

Basseye651
    MN,BrooklynPark

I think on Rice street, there is Kathy’s livebait.

Samster85
    NULL

Quote:

The gas station on Penn ave about 1/4 mile north of 394 has worms/minnows amd suckers.

I agree…

Mobil
    328 Cedar Lake Rd S
    Mpls, MN 55405
    612-377-4743

usafcatm
    Drummond, WI

As always much appreciated, great suggestions fellas… I think for today I will veer over to Joes and head to Pool 2 from there.

Thanks!

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Quote:

394 and Penn has the most over priced minnows in Minneapolis

I should have noted that, and I would argue most expensive in the state. But just like cheaper gas it doesnt make sense to drive an extra 10 miles to get cheaper ones, plus the extra time you save can’t put a price on. If it means a few extra bucks for an extra 45 min of fishing, I’m all for it.

shamus
    Inactive

For some reason I haven’t had good luck with minnows from Joe’s, seem to die quickly. The Diamond Lake Road Ace gets most of my pool 2 minnow business since it’s on the way. The last batch I got from them were pretty small though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.