HI-VIS braid/superline that holds its color?

• joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I once experimented with fireline hi vis green and the color faded extremely quick so I just went with Crystal after that. What is you guy’s experience with the newer HiVis braid/superlines in terms of hold color? 832? PowerPRO Super 8 Slick?

putting line on my blade rods for up coming Pool 4 visits.

thanks

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

My 832 color has held up very well so far,I have one full season on it.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I have some power pro green that the first year shed a lot of color but it’s still green. Also, have some orange suffix, again lost a lot of color the first year but is still orange, easier to see than the green. The power pro is much more limp and easier to cast. At least that’s my experience.

BBKK
    IA

I’ve never had power pro go white, but then again I don’t have it last long on my spinning reels! But I have some 30# green on a few baitcasters and it has held the color very well for 2 years of use. The same time I spooled those up I also spooled a reel with some Tuff-Line braid that I got for free from a dealer. That stuff turned white in about a week of light fishing. The 30# PP did soften up last fall. I might go ahead and replace it this spring, probably switch on over to 832 though because I REALLY like the 832 I put on a walleye reel.

STAY AWAY from tuff-line!

shamus
    Inactive

Using PP Super 8 aqua green this spring. I’ve been out 4 or 5 times and it has faded fast. I don’t know if it’s supposed to be a “Hi Viz” green but it was certainly a lot brighter than the PP moss green I used in the past.

O-FISHial

Fireline Crystal is a favorite of mine, have mixed but mostly positive experiences with NanoFil….Usually use swivels and fluoro leaders with both.

Both are white, so not really sure if that helps ya out?

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I have a reel with 10/2 pp green that has faded a little.
    I think its hard to keep color in a braid. I’ve had the color come off just spooling the line on a reel. Sometimes I wonder if the line isn’t dyed just before it hits the factory spool so it looks good to the customer. The faded line doesn’t seem to have any less strength.

As for crystal and nano, I like both in light weights – 3 to 6 pound. Any heavier and both feel like rope. I like the nano for tossing light jigs and the crystal for vertical jigging.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

832 hi vis is the longest lasting I have used.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I have a couple reels with the Power Pro Hi-Vis Yellow and the color has held up reasonably. I wouldn’t say that it was outstanding, but I got a couple seasons out of it with moderate use.

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

Randy, have you used to new PP Super 8 stuff? thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback everybody. i think I will spool a couple different ones and compare on the water. ( i currently pitch blades with Crystal, and have a vertical jig rod with PP moss green and I haven’t had any problems). When I pitch jigs/plastics I like the chart and orange Hi VIs MONO’s on the market but was hoping to get the same coloration in a braid.

thanks again

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

Randy, have you used to new PP Super 8 stuff? thoughts?

NO

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.