Re-painting Raps

• tbrooks11

I feel like this has been asked about before, but I would have no idea where to look to find it, so sorry about that.

But I’ve got a bunch of older crank baits that I never use and Im sick of them sitting in my tackle box taking up space, so whats the best way to spice them up a bit? Id like to make them a little brighter and maybe make my own color combinations. I dont have any equipment for coloring jigs or anything, so something pretty basic is really my only option.

Thanks guys!

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

as for the how search YouTube for painting lures. there are several videos

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Air brushing is best but it takes and investment of a couple hundred and a learning curve.

Based on your parameters I would suggest using fingernail polish. Many colors available. Use tape and stencils to create designs/patterns. Just make sure to peel the tape before the paint dries.

stuart
    Mn.

Go to a craft store and check out some of the paints they have.Cheap and they have some wild colors.

HANDLINE 2
    Waterloo, Iowa

I use a lot of prizm tape on my lures. Lots of colors available. Just cut it to size and stick it on. It’s waterproof. Check at Jann’s Netcraft for it. RH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.