USA Men’s hockey in bronze gm

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

If you cannot score, you cannot win.

Canucks vs Swedes for gold. We get Finns for bronze. Not gonna be easy unless their goalie (Rask) remains ill.

fishdale

Yes and they will have a hard time with Finland unless they start playing better. Todays game was a lopsided 1-0 loss IMHO. Quick looked good.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

It will be a great game.

Hard to watch all the pro players for both sides.

Dog

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

All in all, great 4 teams for all medals. Canada played great, USA played well, Finland played pretty well. Good show of talent and discipline all atound. Oh well.

zooks

Looked like I was watching a Wild game today – USA would dump the puck in behind the D with no support/forecheck, Canada would make 2 passes and get out of the zone and up the ice the other way. No doubt the better team won today, Quick kept it 1-0, could have been a lot worse with the chances Canada had today.

Gotta play better than that against the Finns to win, their trap and counter attack has been good as usual. At least the game’s on at a decent time tomorrow vs 6am Sunday for the gold medal game.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Not too bad watching an All-Star game where they are actually physical.

No, I still don’t like the Olympic break.

I still say had Kane saw Suter, we may have tied it. He was pretty much untouched in front of the net when Kane came out from behind the net.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quick deserves a gold medal more then anyone else in the games!

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Quote:

I’m partial, I’m a goalie. I agree. Good game. No chance on that goal.

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Quote:

As do the USA defence and a few forwards. They blocked or deflected a lot of good Canadian scoring opportunities. The shots on goal do not reflect the score or the flow of the game, Canada had way more good scoring chances than the US. This was the biggest test that Price has faced thus far in the tourney and he came up big when he had to but a lot of the shots were from the outer perimeter and not good scoring chances.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Here we go!

Rask is back in net for Finns. It’ll come down to who can score. Parise or Kessel are my guess.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.