Pool 4 Temerature Drop

• TJ
    Hammond, WI

So after the a** kicking my boat took in the Saugerama, I have revenge on my mind. I see water temps and dropped about 5 degrees. I’ve heard before that 50 degrees is that magic number to turn on the bite. Any truth to this? If you had a couple weekends left to fish P4 this year, would they be now…or wait until middle to end of Nov, Dec, etc.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Try to get 3 weekends ..And fish now,Nov and Dec.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Pray for some precipitation… below 50 degrees Pepin starts to “turn over” pushing shad upstream to warmer water…but w/o current flow it takes quite for the migration to take place. I personally believe Thanksgiving is one of the best fishing periods for bigger eyes.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

The river came up about ten inchs or so flow is up some also. I had 48.7 water temp today…rrr

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Using technology to your advantage.

There are a ton of Oct fishing reports by various guides and anglers in the REPORTS forum.

Selecting October and Walleye will pull out what the temps and flow were in the past and also what the success or sometime failure was brought in on.

If a person knows what to feed it Ido will give up some very good secrets from her bowels.

Dean Marshall and crew Oct 31st 2012<<

I just grabbed the first one of the list and didn’t read it. Knowing Dean it’s about spilled coffee.

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Depends on what you want. If you want the wave of saugers at the dam, I’d give it one more week for another few pods to move up. If you want to scrounge around on the lower end of the river above the lake, now would be the time.

What I found in Saugerama last weekend was those fish wanted slower presentations, and forced me to use bait which I rarely do. I think the magic temp for blades and plastics in the fall is right around 50, so that should’ve kicked in by now too.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I was on P4 yesterday and heading out again tomorrow. The temp was 50 at the dam and 48 at the head fo the lakes. The shad were at the dam as evidenced by the gulls feeding frenzy. the fishing was a little tough yesterday, but not so the day before, but I’m hoping for a better day tomorrow. They have to go on a feeding binge sooner or later and I’m going to be there.

rbhealey

whats the magic bait now? heading up for a day trip Saturday.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.