Counting down the days

• Dadams
    Emmetsburg, Iowa

In a few weeks a group of us Iowa boys will be heading to Devil’s Lake, ND in hunt for the big catches we have seen on posts all over the Internet and numerous fishing publications. I have stockpiled an assortment of lures, gadgets, and gear in hopes to have the right tools and luck to make the trip a success.

Am I alone, or are there others like me out there that begin to stockpile sleep knowing the closer we get to travel, the less we sleep due to the excitement?

tbrooks11

Not alone at all! im only 106 days away from camping/fishing trip in may!! im already getting to the point where i lose sleep because of excitement!

skeeterbite
    illinois

In 193 days i will be going to the best lake god ever created, that would be RAINY LAKE for 2 weeks of rod bending, drag screaming, sleepless deprived days of fishing supreme. Ive been going there for years and i still get fired up.Not 1 peice of live bait and the 2 of us will reel in over 300 fish. Northerns, smallies, and some nice wallys. Cant wait

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I’m 16 days away from a long weekend on lake of the woods with my girlfriend. 37 days until a Winnipeg green back beat down and about 50 days to giant pre spawn rainy river eyes! I’ll throw a couple weekend trips to South Dakota Inbetween to keep me sane.

out_there
    west central minnesota

52 days until rainey river. I wish it was closer

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Hopefully putting the finishing touches on a date with Mr. Granrud chasing crappies on Rainy Lake in 35 days!!! Only my friends can screw this up now!!!

Mark

swlund
    Cuba City, WI

60 Days till Rainy River and 29 till Cancun Tarpon Fishing.

KP
    Hudson, WI

Only 3 days from a trip up to mille lacs! Renting a sleeper for the 2nd time this year! Cant Wait!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

34 days until a week on pool 4. I start counting those down about 6 months before. This will be my 10th or 11th year in a row doing that trip. It is my favorite week of the year.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

40 some days until I do my yearly Perch trip on either Leech or Winne…..or maybe SD this year.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.