Gophs hockey – beat down

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Fun game but in the end Gophers were simply too much and Wilcox continues to shine!

Sad day to see such a great rivalry end… Will never quite understand or agree with the changing horizon of college hockey. WCHA has set the standard for college hockey. Guess we’ll see what the Big 10 turns out to be…

Go Gophs!

Quote:

Sad day to see such a great rivalry end.

Couldn’t agree more Kurt! Most of us have grown up watching the rivalries that exist within the WCHA and now some of those are going away due to realignment. Very sad and I personally don’t feel that this is for the betterment of the game.

I’m not sure why they would make a change but the first thing that comes to mind is money. With the new Big10 network programming, one would think that there’s some heavy advertising dollars at work here behind the realignment.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Big 10 will be boring and the best hockey will continued to be played in what was the old WCHA.

I’m very impressed with Wilcox to this point. Who knew somebody from SSP could be that good?

Game one to the Gophers, lets see if they can back that effort again this afternoon.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

And to think I almost jinxed them. I finally turned the game on at the beginning of the second period. It took about 2 minutes for the Sioux to score. It goes without saying, but I will say it, this team is very impressive.

deertracker

Quote:

I’m very impressed with Wilcox to this point. Who knew somebody from SSP could be that good?

Ah me? And Alex Stalock. He played for UMD and is in the sharks club. He will be there starter once he is fully healed and back on his game fully.
    DT

chirp
    Rochester

Gophers look very impressive. Will be a fun day of hockey today. Hockey Day in Minnesota. Wild are back and some great High School hockey.

deertracker

I just read online that Stalock and Wilcox are cousins. I quess great goaltending runs in the family.
    DT

Brian Hoffies

Quote:

Quote:

Ah me? And Alex Stalock. He played for UMD and is in the sharks club. He will be there starter once he is fully healed and back on his game fully.
    DT

I was just poking at the SSP guys. I graduated from Simley wayyyy back in the day. Picking on the SSP guys is as easy as picking on the Packer guys.
    Wilcox has been outstanding. As always any championships will require great goaltending.

deertracker

S-I-M L-E-Y Simley….. I’m sure you know the ending.
    DT

Brian Hoffies

Ya I remember hearing the ending a few times. We used to have some saying regarding SSP girls and the stockyards. I can’t believe how the town down there has changed since the yards all went away. I will say though they have built quite the girls hockey program. Strong year after year.

jdmike
    Thompson, ND

Sioux played their best hockey to date both nights, just couldn’t keep the puck out of the net! As we have seen all year they try to be too fancy instead of simply making shots on goal. I will say that Wilcox sure is a stud. It is heartbreaking seeing the rivalry come to an end, for now, I hope it is back within a few years though.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Quote:

Quote:

Sad day to see such a great rivalry end.

Couldn’t agree more Kurt! Most of us have grown up watching the rivalries that exist within the WCHA and now some of those are going away due to realignment. Very sad and I personally don’t feel that this is for the betterment of the game.

I’m not sure why they would make a change but the first thing that comes to mind is money. With the new Big10 network programming, one would think that there’s some heavy advertising dollars at work here behind the realignment.

As a youngster growing up I was mad when the CCHA started up and stole MI, MI State and Notre Dame from the WCHA!!!

Now I am mad again that we are having to leave to become the Big 6!!! The best hockey league it the nation has been deformed for the sake of money and it sucks!!! Since the inception of the BTN, I have lost my opportunity to watch any Badger hockey, because the old contracts with the public televison can’t allow it to be shown any longer. And with Fox Wisconsin, the Bucks contract takes precedence over the Badger hockey, so no Badger hockey at all!!!

And I am so excited to see the Big 6 including Penn State, hockey power that it is!!!

Mark

chomps
    Sioux City IA

don’t discount Penn State hockey program just yet, they have always had a competitive club program and even have a few well known NHL players kids playing. Kind of thought the same about University of Nebraska in Omaha, but they can also put a very good team on the ice.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

chomps:

The Gwidt kid at UNO is from my home town and they picked a great coach to start their program… Haven’t gotten a chance to see him play yet this year… Thinking he’s s senior this year.

As for Penn State, in everything no information is a killer, thanks for reminding me. Still aggravated that there are only 6 teams!!!

Mark

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.