Prop Gaurd

• tbrooks11

Just curious to see if anyone has put a prop gaurd on their motor. They are a solid chunk of change, i would like to get a little feedback before i buy one.

For those of you that dont know, this is what im talking about:

http://www.propguardmarine.com/how.html

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

The Rock Hopper and Prop Guard are not necessarily used for the same purposes.

If I’m trying to protect my prop from rocks, then yes, the rock hopper makes a lot of sense and will work much better than a prop guard.

But if I’m trying to keep trolling lines, (3-way rigs) out of my trolling motor prop, the rock hopper isn’t going to work near as well as the prop guard will.

Granted though, the prop guard in the link above is not what I’m referring to. That particular prop guard appears to be best at protecting people in the water from the blades of the prop. It’s other main objective appears to be boating performance.

Figure out what your main objective is and buy accordingly.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

This would be more in line of what I think of when talking about a prop guard.

Prop Guard

tbrooks11

I should have included what im using it for. I go to the Turtle flambeau flowage every summer, and there are logs sticking out of the water or sitting just under the water surface everywhere. We also hit an extended rock shelf and busted everything up pretty bad. I just need something to block those.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I’ve been to the Turtle Flambeau. It definitely has some nasty rock piles and under water logs.
    For the Turtle Flambeau, I would go with the Rock Hopper that KWP posted a link to.

tbrooks11

Alright great, thanks for the help everyone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.