• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Suburban on 6 inches eh??? Sconnies…

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Com’on guys as sconnies, we’re smarter than that

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They say speed may have been a factor so if your going to drive on thin ice go slow so you dont create a deadly underwater wave. We all learned that from ice truckers!!!!!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

They say speed may have been a factor so if your going to drive on thin ice go slow so you dont create a deadly underwater wave. We all learned that from ice truckers!!!!!

Speed may have been a factor, huh? Perhaps the fact that a 7,000 lb vehicle was moving from land onto 6″ of ice may have had something to do with it, too.

What do I know, though? It’s not like I’m a scientologist or anything.

poundingeyes
    Chetek, WI

Factor or not, I do wish people would drive their vehicles at reasonable speeds while on the lake. On the Chetek Chain there has been some extraordinarily irresponsible driving. Some are driving so fast at times that it seems like my transducer is trying to jump out of the hole! 50 or 60 mph is not a good idea. Someone is gonna get killed out there!

desperado

Quote:

They say speed may have been a factor

maybe …. He was trying to water-skip it

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

The other day when I was fishing Lake Onalaska there was a truck/trailer parked on the ice not 30 feet from the ramp. I don’t get why people would gamble their trucks on 6″ of ice over walking an extra 50 yards.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Not to say anything bad about Polish people but Hatley is mainly a Polish town!!!!

I know a lot of people from there, actually my cousin lives there!!!!!

Gee you did not drill any test holes!!! Wow other people still on the ice!!! Maybe those Polish people there are not so smart??

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Maybe the guy was behind on payments and wanted the repo man to earn his money. What a Dumb

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Not to say anything bad about Polish people but Hatley is mainly a Polish town!!!!

Gee you did not drill any test holes!!! Wow other people still on the ice!!! Maybe those Polish people there are not so smart??

It’s always those dang Polaks causing trouble, isn’t it Pug?

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

I learned something new today. Granted the only time I’ve been in a vehicle on the ice was well before I could drive and the ice was 30+ inches, but I never thought about a wave.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

maybe the guys truck was dirty

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

YOU SIR ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!

honda75
    Iowa

We are driving out here but have over 12 inches. They must have been packer fans…………..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.