Packer Fans

• trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Good day to be a Bears fan…actually, it’s always a good day for that. I sure do hate the Pack. It’s about time they get some bad luck. Chicago fans have been dealing with bad luck for a Loooong time.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I agree with that statement 1000%, I am Vikes fan and a fan of any team playing against the Pack!!!

That’s an original statement

1000%………Are you an ex-jock??

Good Guess….

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Packer fans own the team.
    Owners (and refs) are prolonging the strike.
    Packer fans are protesting themselves.
    Packer fans are silly.

funny

Never thought about that, good point…

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Good day to be a Bears fan…actually, it’s always a good day for that. I sure do hate the Pack. It’s about time they get some bad luck. Chicago fans have been dealing with bad luck for a Loooong time.

Luck? Bears have been dealing with no skill for a long time, not bad luck. No such thing as luck in a contact sport.. you are either good or bad, they arent playing craps.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

Quote:

Quote:

Luck? Bears have been dealing with no skill for a long time, not bad luck. No such thing as luck in a contact sport.. you are either good or bad, they arent playing craps.

I like to think most everything in life has some element of luck to it. IMHO, when there’s more physical activity than intellectual(professional athletes aren’t paid to be smart)…there’s a lot of luck involved. Were the Packers lucky to draft Rodgers while they already had Favre?…he wasn’t that good in college. I think he was”lucky” to get out of that game alive.

I just like to see packer fans riled up. You can lay it on me..I’m thick skinned….also a Cub fan. Go Bears!!

toothycritters

the real issue here is the fact that Packer fans always cheer the loudest when a call goes there way but when it goes against them they are the biggest bunch of whiners…. just sayin, the better team did win!

BBKK
    IA

I dont understand the “the better team won” remarks. Seems to me the seahawks LOST the game. The seahawks only won because the nfl ref screwed up. Otherwise the packers had the game won. If the seahawks were the best team, they shouldnt have needed the ref to make a bad call on the last play of the game to win it.

uffdapete
    Rainy Lake, MN

Quote:

Ultimately in the end who cares about Football, the NFC or the AFC. They don’t sell Rapala’s, jigs, line, rods, reels, nothin……I got better things to do on Sunday then sit in front of a T.V. and get mad at the world cause some ref made a poor call, there’s always plenty of fish to go and catch

Agree! Living up here – fishing for crappies, walleyes, pike & smallmouth is awesome in the fall. And so is grouse, deer and waterfowl hunting. Something has to be awfully wrong to exchange one of the above for equal time in front of the tube. Night game – whatever – there’s night fishing too.

In the event that I do watch part of an NFL game does the game really come down to one call? There are always opportunities to change the outcome in any game before the final seconds. ie: 8 sacks in the first half. There will always be wrong calls – even more when you have old guys chasing around young guys who run 40 yds in 4.? Good teams overcome adversity.

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

In the event that I do watch part of an NFL game does the game really come down to one call?

Well last night it did and it might hold big implications for when playoff time rolls around. On a side note, how would Vegas handle this if Goddell used his power to reverse the outcome of the game? He does have it.

josh a

Just a thought here…There was a terrible call that went against the Seahawks earlier in the game that kept a drive alive for the packers. That drive ended in a packer field goal. How can a packer fan say 100% for sure that if the packers had punted {which they should have been forced to do} that Seattle wouldn’t have returned the punt for a TD? Or maybe they would have turned that drive into a TD. Instead a bad call ruined there momentum and put points on the board for Green Bay. That pass interference call may have ruined the game for Seattle but since it wasn’t in the end zone nobody cares. My point? There were bad calls throughout the game benefiting both teams, all of them had an effect on the outcome of the game. Obviously the one in the end zone was the most glaring, but it wasn’t the only deciding factor in the game. Maybe if Mcarthy had called more than 3 run plays in the first half Seattle wouldn’t have sacked rodgers 8 times in the first 2 quarters. What happened to Green Bays unstoppable offense from last year? They’re playing like junk and putting 100% of the blame on the refs instead of looking in the mirror.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

I dont understand the “the better team won” remarks. Seems to me the seahawks LOST the game. The seahawks only won because the nfl ref screwed up. Otherwise the packers had the game won. If the seahawks were the best team, they shouldnt have needed the ref to make a bad call on the last play of the game to win it.

I’d have to say the opposite. Green Bay LOST the game. Everybody knows they should be a head and shoulders above Seattle, but once again, they choked. They did it to themselves.

Now, had I been a ref, I would’ve called it a pick. However, the rule states that simultaneous possession goes to the receiver, and they did both have hands on it when it came down. The real question is…Why didn’t they call the Off. pass interference when it was reviewed.

Bottom line, they were playing SEATTLE!!! They should have had a 20 point cushion by that point of the game. It truly is nice to see the pack in last place!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

The real question is…Why didn’t they call the Off. pass interference when it was reviewed.

Bottom line, they were playing SEATTLE!!! They should have had a 20 point cushion by that point of the game.

Seattle is not a bad ball club. They are defensively sound and are offensively conservative with the rookie QB.

I guarantee you with the regular refs, that pass interference maybe gets called 25% of the time at best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Has anybody ever seen a pass interference called on a hail mary??

rich_lindgren
    Lakeville, MN

My favorite of the day – “If Rodgers had Allstate instead of State Farm, he’d be protected from mayhem like that”

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

Now, had I been a ref, I would’ve called it a pick. However, the rule states that simultaneous possession goes to the receiver, and they did both have hands on it when it came down.

You are missing part 2 of the rule:

Rule 8 – Section 3 – Article 1 – Item 5: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Now, had I been a ref, I would’ve called it a pick. However, the rule states that simultaneous possession goes to the receiver, and they did both have hands on it when it came down.

You are missing part 2 of the rule:

LOL Obsess much???

Rule 8 – Section 3 – Article 1 – Item 5: Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

no he’s just pointing out the fact that you didn’t know the rule, now you do. I think he is also pointing out the fact that the refs didn’t either.

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I honestly would have thought that after 24 hours, the tears would have dried up by now…

Mike Stephens
    WI.

I would have thought all the haters would have shut their pie holes after 24 hrs.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Give it a fricken rest!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your paying to sit on a couch or chair to [censored] and complain (advertisements you endure and endorsements you complainant) . Damm, Is it not better to pay to sit on a boat seat to [censored] and complain that the fish are not biting your lure..

Cripes get out of moms basement and enjoy!!!!!!!!

honda75
    Iowa

This pretty much sums it up right here!!!!

tbrooks11

9 sacks had no implications at all at the end of the game. People forget that earlier in the “game winning” drive, the packers picked off a russell wilson pass but the refs made an idiotic call for roughing the passer when he was already in the process of diving to hit him. Then the pass interference called against sam shield to extend that same drive. We all know about the simultaneous catch rule now. But that still isnt right, they did not catch it at the same time, clearly jennings had the ball caught and in his chest while golden tate had nothing but a few fingers touching the ball atleast a foot from his body. I do enjoy listening to the poor sport viking fans who get all excited about their 2-1 viks. Nobody seemed to care much about them just 2 weeks ago, but now since they have beat the worst team in the leauge, lost to the 2nd worst team, and somehow beat the 49ers at home they think theyre all the most loyal of all fan bases. packers will turn it around this week and prove who the best team in the division is.. again. GO PACK GO

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Holy crap. I suppose the next thing you are going to tell us is that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor!

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Holy crap. I suppose the next thing you are going to tell us is that Japan bombed Pearl Harbor!

I thought we bombed Pearl Harbor, thats in Africa right?????

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I didn’t give up when the German’s bombed Pearl Harbor!

Glad to see Roger Goodell offer his olive branch to the Packer Nation and admit that they were robbed. Now as I said in the Queens post, I was glad the terrible call didn’t effect the outcome of that game. In this instance I hope the terrible game doesn’t effect the outcome of the season. The Pack still has something to show to me to even mention “playoffs”. I’ll be in the dome on Dec 30th drinking free beer, even have pregame field passes, maybe then I can wear my Viking Suck shirt, just have to wait and see. Glad all those haters have not stopped drinking the Koolaid.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Oh when the saints go marching in
    When the saints go marching in
    Oh lord I want to be in that number

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Oh when the saints go marching in
    Oh lord I want to be in that number

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yeah, where is this Jeff guy and what tune is he whistling now? I thinks he’s whistling the Queens world champs song and drinking kool-aid.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Iowa… ya got the pig and thats all ya got

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.