engine mount trolling motor

• kwmagic
    Rochester, MN

I have a runabout/trihull boat and am looking at adding an engine mount trolling motor. anyone out there like/hate them?? I would rather have a bow mount but a lot easier for the engine mount type! thanks!

outdoor_guy
    Norway,Michigan (In DA UP)

I have a 101 EM and love it ! Gets more use than my Terrova
    (TROLLING)

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Have an 80 EM (24v) Love it. Use it a lot. 2

-J.

norge

I have a two year old Minn Kota RK160 EM . I used this on a cuddy boat with an I/O. This let me fish Walleyes effectively on Little Bay de Noc near me. Gave me infinite speed control for trolling. I trolled mostly at .7-1.5 MPH for walleyes but would also use it to assist the gas motor for fine tuning speed trolling for Salmon and L. Trout. I have since purchased a used Yarcraft with a nice bow mount and have this Engine mount for sale for $650.00. I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan but will be traveling to Burnsville next week to visit family and could bring it with if you are interested.
    Let me know.
    Lloyd Gilbertson
    [email protected]

Chris Nelson
    SSP,MN

They work great for that purpose. The biggest problem people have is they dont buy a big enough one. I would recommend a unit like Jon has.

Chris Nelson

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’ll add that these work well on boats that sit low in the water. If you don’t have enough water over the cavitation plate, the prop will constantly blow out. So there are some boats (mostly aluminum) that these do not work well on.

Love pulling up to an area and shutting down the big motor and switching on the EM and sneaking in to the area you want to fish. Also handy when pulling anchor for a short spot move. Never need to fire up the main motor.

-J.

kwmagic
    Rochester, MN

oh just a little late. I already ordered one! thanks!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.