02 F150 relay question

• drifter295
    Hastings MN

My new trailer has surge breaks, my truck doesn’t have power from my 7 to 5 plug adapter to the trailer ( blue wire )it only has 4 wires coming out of it…I looked into my fuse box under the hood and have a spare not used relay position, I removed a relay already in the box and moved it to the open position and tested my adapter again, I have power to the brakes now… that should keep my surge brakes from activating when I back into my driveway. correct?
    Question is can I get another relay of the same number and plug it into that open position and not expect to have any problems blowing fuses or messing up the processor black box that controls the electronics of my truck? I believe I could rewire the truck adapter to the brake lights from my rear blinker assembly to create a new blue wire to go with my 5 prong plug but I don’t have the knowledge to do it. thanks for any useful advice. Pk

jim-bailey
    Clinton County Iowa

I had the same issue with my 01 F150 when I went to surge brakes. Yes, just get another relay at the auto parts store or a scrapyard and put it in where you need it. I grabbed a couple spares when I got the relay from a wrecked truck.

riverwrat
    Hastings/ Northfeild,MN

My relay was in my glove box of my 03 F150 Mike at frankies said that factory dont in stall them but it is part of the tow package ! Just was a plastic ziplock with the relay and some other plug

walleyehunter01
    west central wisconsin

i had the same problem last week with my 01. added a relay and problem solved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.