Lake Nameakogon

• Keith
    NE Iowa

Heading up to Lake Nameakogon(sp)up by Cable this weekend for a family trip, and planning on doing some fishing. Just wondering if anyone has fished or fishes this lake and would be willing to offer up a little information on what the bite is like and what species of fish one should target. Never been there before and any help would be appreciated
    Thanks
    Keith

red89
    Hudson

Hey Keith, I go up to Namekagon every year in july. The only Luck I’ve had is with the Northern Pike and bluegill. Saw a few nice muskie’s. There are supposed to be good walleye and possibly smalies, but i have never fished em. Hope you get some more reports.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

If walleyes are what your after then i have a good tip for ya…I used to stay at LakeWoods Resort and out of there there are several close mid lake humps with cabbage just starting to grow up off of them..head out around 7pm and scope some of these out with your electronics and get set up on the out side of one before evening…pitch a lighted slip bobber over the top of them with a minnow or a leach and you will have walleyes for sure…

good luck and keep us informed !!

Keith
    NE Iowa

Thanks for the reply guys….sorry I didn’t see them until I returned home. Didn’t have as much time to fish as I hoped, but did managed a few eater size walleye and 20 or so nice crappies. Never fished over by lakewoods, but I did make it there for breakfast(walleye and eggs)boy was it good. Sure is beautiful country up there can’t wait to get back when I have more time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.