south shore trolling

• dpomann
    Sartell,MN

First trip out in the new boat yesterday, and trolled Saxon, along with everbody else, we just got coho. We got ours trolling reef runner 700 ripsticks in about 10-12 feet of water. Talked to a guy doing creel survey, and he said one guy got 3 lakers in 100 feet of water bobbing with cut bait, and one guy got a 32″ king, and some guys were bringing in some 14-18 inch browns as well.

Good luck,
    Tanner Wildes

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

32″ King, might be hope for Superior yet.
    Too bad MN wants nothing to do with stocking Superior but is happy to take my Trout stamp $$$. Maybe I will boycot MN side this year.

Good report Tanner. -Mark

brianjkuphal

doesnt minn have a good steel head stocking program as well as the loopers ive heard of,wis doesnt stock anything but brown trout because they feel the cohos are self sustaining.the fish and game officer i talked to this winter on chequamegon bay told me that if there was any stocking programs being carried out they were most likely funded by private clubs,

jim_hudson
    Bayfield, WI

For the WI DNR, stocking efforts are for Browns and Splake throughout our different ports.. Also, Walleyes into the Bay itself. Brook Trout by USFWS and Red Cliff..

Up near Superior, WI DNR stock Lake Trout as well….

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

so does this mean the south shore along port wing, herbster, and cornicopia is free of ice, or are you fishing closer to duluth?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

doesnt minn have a good steel head stocking program as well as the loopers ive heard of,wis doesnt stock anything but brown trout because they feel the cohos are self sustaining.the fish and game officer i talked to this winter on chequamegon bay told me that if there was any stocking programs being carried out they were most likely funded by private clubs,

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/lakefind/showreport.html?downum=16000100

This is what MN has done, all Lakers till 09′. I am not aware of any private stocking but there might have been…

I personally would love to see MN, WI, and MI team up and create the type of Great Lake fishery that is booming in Lake Michigan.

For starters there are thousands of tourists along the N shore every year. I feel that by building a great salmon/trout fishery would bring Millions of dollars to MN WI and MI through fishing and all the services utalized by these individuals. Look at what Lake Michigans port towns have become from the fishing industry…

motels, charters, fuel, tackle, restaraunts, marinas,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.