Mazaska Ice Conditions

• TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Got out tonight on Mazaska for a couple of hours. Unloaded my Fish Trap at the public access right of HWY 21. Ice was between 7inches up to 10inches. Saw a few houses on the North bay on the lake. I have heard that the ice is spotty so be careful. I actually drove over to Shields to fish Caterlics Bay but there was a small village out there. I thought that I had woke up and was in Wabasha, MN and I was part of the movie Grumpy Old Men. At least 100 houses out there, mostly portables. I think it would be a safe bet to say that they were probably catching some fish.

Heading out tomorrow hopefully to Shields, maybe the rest of the village will take a night off. But most likely not!

Good Luck Boys!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the updates. Much appreciated. Thanks, Bill

Frontenac Man
    Lake City, MN

Guide,

How did you do on Mazaska? I’m planning on fishing Faribault area Friday(12/26). Last year we did pretty good there on the crappies. We fished on the west side in about 12-15 feet. We’re looking for a good panfish/crappie bite, any help you can give would be great. Thanks.

TheGuide
    Northfield, MN

Go to Shields in Caterlics Bay. That is on the west side of the lake. Fished there last night and caught over 50 combined sunnies and crappies. read my report for more details.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.