Wapsi Walleye Smackdown

• Rugbystar
    Marion, Iowa

Kornking and I were itching to figure the hardwater walleye bite out yesterday. We walked about 2 miles up and down the hills drilled a bunch of holes and for all of our efforts came up empty. I have been a very good boy recently so I got the rare kitchen pass a 2nd day in a row, still curious and anxious to connect with a whitetail or two I tried another spot I had noticed while on a fall expedition. This time the long walk paid off . It looked like someone else had found this spot too . There were a ton of holes underneath the fresh blanket of snow. I fished from 8-12 FOW, the spot I really wanted to get to I was a bit chicken about, there was a lot more current and a lot less ice. I stayed on 6-10 inches, any time it dipped below 6 I moved back to thicker ice not knowing the spot in the winter. Jigging spoons for the walleye and a moon glow jig when I couldn’t coax the return on my vex into a strike and it ended up being a crappie. Kept 5 smaller fish for a Superbowl feast. Caught 20, big was 19 inches.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.