Fort Peck Lake February 11-14

• Jordan Weiler

Drove 16 hours, 1000 miles from Wisconsin to our destination Fort Peck Lake Montana. Our goal was to catch lake trout ice fishing. It wasn’t more than 10 minutes into dropping lines in the water that we already had two hookups and one lake trout on the ice.

Throughout the day we had steady action pulling lake trout through the ice. Eddie from Lakeridge Motel was super helpful in setting us up on general areas where to go, baits, and techniques.

Stay tuned for Episodes Two and Three, the lake trout continued to get bigger each day!

hop307
    Northern Todd County

This would be a dream trip for me. Always wanted to catch a Laker, and fish fort peck.

Jordan Weiler

This would be a dream trip for me. Always wanted to catch a Laker, and fish fort peck.

It is super affordable and was a pretty neat experience fishing there. I think total for fishing Monday-Friday it cost us roughly $500/person or less. That includes gas, lodging, food(brought most of our own), bait(didn’t use too many minnows cuz it was rough trying to fish tip ups with the cold), and fishing license.

Get some buddies together and go in on it, you won’t regret it.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

Looks like an epic trip!

Can’t wait to see additional episodes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.