Felt Good

• Brittman

On the ice this afternoon for the 1st time this season. Two of us caught about 20 sunnies (10 were hand size) and 5 really nice perch in 2 hours of fishing. Crappies were a no show, but we did leave just after sunset. All were released … The small lake we were on had 8 – 9 inches of excellent clear hard ice.

One guy rolling around in a SidexSide … everyone else walking. Nice that it should remain that way for sometime.

I know many of you have ice fished on and off for over a month. But I pheasant hunted to the end of season and then had to wait for the ice to form.

Hope to be on the ice quite a bit the next 7 days, after that … we will see…

OG Net_Man

I was on a south metro lake on Saturday. I generally do not measure ice thickness but I curious and measured 11″. There were approx. 1/2 dozen cars and SUV’s that drove out. I was not paying that much attention but these were not small SUV’s.

Too many permanent houses on the lake for this warm weather forecasted….

Ripjiggen

I fished a lake in aouth metro saturday. 12 inches and no vehicles what so ever. Super clear solid ice.
    Crappies no showed at sundown but showed up at 630. About 2 hours later than normal. I only drilled where I was fishing so no idea how consistent it was.

isu22andy

Pool 5 Backwaters today for about the 5th trip of the season . 7-10 inches of ice . Was thinking To myself how impressive it was all the holes I’ve walked by had no trash . Literally 75 yards from the pickup I chipped out 3 empty cans with the spur bar someone threw down there old hole . Maybe that’ll turn my luck around . Last time I stopped in the river in the boat to pickup some trash it cost me a prop !

OG Net_Man

I fished a lake in aouth metro saturday. 12 inches and no vehicles what so ever. Super clear solid ice.
    <strong class=”ido-tag-strong”>Crappies no showed at sundown but showed up at 630. About 2 hours later than normal. I only drilled where I was fishing so no idea how consistent it was.

PM sent

Brittman

Bite was off today vs. Tuesday. Decided to keep a few eaters since it may be our last day for a bit.

Same lake … we started in a different spot but worked our way over to the spot we had used on Tuesday. All the holes drilled on Tuesday were open … not even a crust or film formed on the edges of the holes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.