upcoming walleye opener

• bennyboy4252

I bought a boat last summer so this will be my first walleye opener in a boat and I was wondering if anyone has any good places to go in the Southern half of Minnesota.
    I live near rochester so the closer the better!

bennyboy4252

I know that the opener isn’t for a while but i just want to be prepared

shockers
    Rochester

Head for the Mississippi. That’s about your best option in the Rochester area. Go onto the Mississippi River forum, and look in the walleye or general discussion forum. Lots of great guys offering lots of tips. If you already have your boat out/ready, you could be fishing right now. River is open season year round. Good luck.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

You can go to Red Wing and fish for Walleyes on Pool 4 right now. The Walleye Opener is also a good time to hit the river because most people head North or to another inland lake.

Ryan Repke

Pool 2,3 or 4 is where I’d be if I had a boat.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Thinking back to my first time on the river it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Cursing the current and figuring it out took some time. If you do head that way take it out a few times before opener just seeing how it handles. Don’t even take rods with you just a depthfinder and scout around in order to prepare for opener.

tsamp
    eldora, iowa

Iowa Great Lakes, start at midnight

brad-o
    Mankato

Diamond Lake and Norway lakes are always good

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

I have not been on Diamond Lake for forty years! I may have to try it this summer!

fishfreak
    Shakopee MN

Quote:

You can go to Red Wing and fish for Walleyes on Pool 4 right now. The Walleye Opener is also a good time to hit the river because most people head North or to another inland lake.

I am new to fishing the miss & mn rivers. I have heard from people at Gander that you cant fish walleyes & pike outside of season. Then i have two other employees tell me that the miss & mn are open all year????
    I have read the new regs and i feel i missed something. Could someone please clarify this for me please?
    thanks
    Brent

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Thinking back to my first time on the river it wasn’t a pleasant experience. Cursing the current and figuring it out took some time. If you do head that way take it out a few times before opener just seeing how it handles. Don’t even take rods with you just a depthfinder and scout around in order to prepare for opener.

Why not fish? River is open…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.