Lowrance 520/522

• 192-fazer
    Cedar Falls Ia.

Did Lowrance get that problem solved with the internal vs external antenna that they had with the 334/332 gps? Has anyone had any problems with the new 520 or 522 gps? Also which do you prefer, and Why? Thanks.
    Fazer

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

The new 522IGPS has been a solid unit this year. Hardly any returns via Cabelas so far, and we have sold a ton of these units.

It really depends on what your going to be using these graphs/gps for. If you intend for its primary use as a just a unit fixed to your boat then a 520 is the way to go with the external gps puck. If you have any chance of using this graph as a portable unit then I would suggest the 522 with the internal GPS.

I would also suggest looking at Jolly Ann for any purchases on Lowrance products. I bought a global map 3600IGPS from Wade and have logged 33K miles in my truck without a glich. (knock on wood) Wade has superior service as well as competetive pricing.

Jolly Ann

walleyewacker18
    Rice Lake, WI

I work for the Dnr in wisconsin and I personally own the 334. I had some problems with it with the GPS but the new 522 are supposed to be improved. We at the DNR just bought one and are about to put it on. We believe that lowrance will fix the problems and from what we heard they have

jimmy6pak

Bought a 522i in June with a 07 Lakemaster chip. The unit is Ram mounted on my counsel. Has never lost a signal have not had any problems. Used it all over the state. Good luck

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

I’ve ran a 522 internal all year and it works great. Never loses a signal.

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

I’ve had no problems with the 322c. Until my last trip to Canada when the screen kept flashing of and on???? Going to Cabela’s Friday to see if it’s my wiring or the unit.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Hey Waldo….this is what you do to save a trip to Cabelas, unless you want to go????? First of all download all your waypoints onto a blank sd card (256mb should be fine) then transfer all your data to this card. Then do a hard restart (power the unit off then hold down ZOUT+ZIN+POWER button unit the US map shows up), this should restore life to the 332c and allow it to continue working properly. Final step is to load the waypoints (or data) back onto the 332c.

If anyone ever expierences problems with lowrance units the hard or soft restart is recommended by Lowrance techs, so you can save yourself some time and do it yourself. IF that doesn’t work then you have to call Lowrance because the issue is much deeper.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR DATA BEFORE DOING A HARD RESTART.
    otherwise if you do the hard restart without backing up your data it will be lost..

Good luck

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I picked up a pair of 520s from JollyAnn Marine and I really like them. I have learned a lot using the one I have set up for GPS…wing dams are shown on the unit with the chip I bought, and you find that sweet spot on the WD…come back a couple hours later and there it is,right where you left it on your GPS….I have a great signal, and never have had any trouble…the couple of questions I have had Wade has taken care of me in short order…

good luck in your purchase

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.